Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I read this thread, I also just joined the Facebook group and got accepted immediately! How good to be able to rant on Facebook as well with a group that understands.

Comment

Quoth taurinejunkie View Post
      Don't let me ruin your fun, but I think this group is a very bad idea - what do you suppose a potential or current employer would think of it when they look you up on FB?
      My profile is private. I don't think you can even see my picture before I friend you.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

If you're a member of the facebook group, they can't see your actual profile if you have set it to private, unless you have a profile pic of yourself. They can still see that.
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I am also private so my employer would not be able to find me but that is moot because my boss is also on my facebook friends list. I just don't post nasty stuff. I also don't talk crap about my job or complain on facebook that is why I come here if I have a complaint...LOL Any future employer would not be able to see anything.

Comment

Not too worried about it either. I don't go by my given name on FB. You have to already be listed as my friend in order to see the groups I'm associated with.

But, this thread did get me to go check out some of the group listings I'd forgotten I'd joined. Found an old post from a college friend that I hadn't spoken to in years.
            That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

Quoth trailerparkmedic View Post
              My profile is private. I don't think you can even see my picture before I friend you.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
              It depends on your settings. If you have it set so people can search for you, your profile pic will display. The only way to avoid this is to set it so people can't search you.
              "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I joined the facebook group.
                Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

I'm buried on there somewhere, so...if anyone wants to be friends, PM me.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                    I'm buried on there somewhere, so...if anyone wants to be friends, PM me.
                    PM sent - please forgive any spelling errors. It's waaay past my bedtime.
                    That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

There is another group on Facebook, called something like 'I have worked in retail and therefore have lost all faith in humanity'
                      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

There are actually a lot of Facebook groups that are very similar where employees can go to vent about customers.
                        I don't know how active a lot of them are, but a quick search of "I have worked in retail" turned up about 10 to start.
                        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Sonoma View Post
                          PM sent - please forgive any spelling errors. It's waaay past my bedtime.
                          PM answered.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

OK, I'm now convinced I won't get into any trouble. Joining.
                            Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

Working...
                            X