This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *thud* *thud* *thud* *thud*

That is the sound of my head banging the desk as I try to sort out this mess with university enrolments.

LOOOONG Background:

At the uni I go to within Australia, you are required to do your own enrolments, but you can seek help if you need to. As I'm doing a Bachelor of Arts, I am only required to complete one major and one minor MINIMUM. I am double majoring in Politics and International Studies. (I am planning on teaching tho).

My university however, has decided to throw a wrench into the works this year when it came to enrolments however and restructured ALL of the courses on campus, so that instead of the pattern being 4 topics a semester in first year, then three topics each year after that until you graduate, it's now gone to four topics every semester from start to finish. Those of us who are moving to the new pattern and would wind up with too many or too few credits to graduate (they're called units down here), have transition topics, which are 1.5 or 3 credit topics and consist of a 1500 or 3000 word essay on whatever the hell you want as long as it fits within the confines of your topic. (I'm doing mine on terrorism and whether religion is a motivator).

In order for me to do this however, I had to email enrolment support. They told me to go and speak to the BA Office. I email the BA office, they tell me that my topic HAS to add onto one of my other topics. So I submit my new request. They then tell me I need to email the enrolment support folks AGAIN.

Round and round the world I go.....where I'll stop, nobody knows....

The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

I don't know if that's better or worse than one of the Unis in Perth. Advertises itself as an IT-based University, yet it's website hasn't been working properly for the last couple of weeks.

Good luck! I hope you can get it all sorted out really soon and with much less hassle than you've had up until now.
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Quoth Mishi View Post
      I don't know if that's better or worse than one of the Unis in Perth. Advertises itself as an IT-based University, yet it's website hasn't been working properly for the last couple of weeks.

*ahem* Sorry. That really sucks, fireheart. Gotta love it when they setup something new and then nobody knows anything about it so they try to pawn you off on someone else. Hope you get everything sorted out soon.

Comment

Mishi, the uni I go to is named after one of the famous explorers in my state. Further hint: we only have three uni's :P

And the website normally works fine. It seems to be a PEBCAK error with the FAQ and the BA Office.

On top of that, I only needed 24 credits to graduate (which is basically about 2/3 of a full year) and they decided to give me 45 credits instead....again a mistake on behalf of the IT department....>.<

Comment

See, this is why at mine they only change the requirements for people who enroll after they change the requirements. Or if they switch majors after the change.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

So I got a whole list of emails today.

When I got the first email, they told me I had to contact the BA Office. I contact the BA office, now they want me to submit an enrolment request....to the Enrolment Support folks.

On top of that, seems that my Faculty did not get their things sorted out.

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
              See, this is why at mine they only change the requirements for people who enroll after they change the requirements. Or if they switch majors after the change.
              Yeah, same here. Otherwise, no one would ever graduate!
              "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
              "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
              Amayis is my wifey

Comment

So they finally decided to add the transition topic I needed to my potential enrolment list. I go to enrol in the topic and what happens? I get this little gem:

Enrolment is not allowed because the pre-requisite conditions for <topic> have not been satisfied. You have not satisfied the other requisite - Application required - Approval is required for enrolment. Students must submit an application via <website I had to speak to in order to enrol and who I already let them know that this was going on>"
                I emailed the Enrolment Support guys and they said that I should be OK to go and enrol.

Try again.

Get that message AGAIN.

Comment

My goodness. >_<
                  1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                  -----
                  http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

HALLELUJAH!

It has finally been solved!

Got the reply back and they have finally given me approval to do it. Needless to say, I am doing this in the first semester due to the fact that I have less of a workload then. First semester is American Politics and an aspect of Australian politics I'm interested in which is the Welfare State, plus this transition topic (which will be on terrorism and whether religion is the SOLE motivator in terrorism).

Second semester will be on politics within Australia, the US and Canada, as well as a topic on Terrorism and a topic on the European Union (I think...)

And then once I graduate, I'll be hopefully going into my teaching degree

Comment

YAY!!! They finally sorted it out! Ooooh and you get to study interesting topics, lucky you. *is a little bit jealous*
                      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Working...
                      X