This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
    She said her husband makes $195,000 a year. She didn't say how much of it he gives to her or lets her spend.
    I love the fact that this woman doesn't say she can't live on $195,000. She says she can't live on her husband's $195,000. Hey lady, just a thought here: how about you get a fucking job of your own?

There are people barely getting by, people starving, people unemployed, people laid off because of this economic mess created by rich people trying to get even richer, and this cunt stain wants me to feel sorry for her because she can't live on the 200 G's her man pulls down? Because she has to make her own fucking coffee? Hey, I don't have someone to open my beers for me (not at home, anyway), but do you see me bitching? No. You know why not? Because I'm not a spoiled lazy fucking douchebag entitlement whore that wants everything fucking done for them rather than lifting a finger to actually do it themselves.

Not that I would have sympathy for her husband if he bitched about not being able to get by on that money, but at least he's out there making it. Not whining about how his wife's salary isn't enough for him to live on. You know what we would call a guy if he did that, right? A guy who didn't work, lived off his wife's income, and still bitched about it not being enough? Yeah, you know what we'd call him alright. A fucking deadbeat. And that is what this woman is. A spoiled fucking deadbeat.

Aerosmith had it right when they sang "Eat the rich--there's only one thing that they're good for!" (Amusing line in that song: "Their attitude may taste like shit, but go real well with wine!")

I hope I see this cunt stranded on the side of the road one day in heavy rain. I won't stop to pick her up, because my used truck would be "beneath" her.

Fuck these people. Fuck them with the business end of a baseball bat. Fucking spoiled ass fuck trumpets. Lady, you can suck my fucking dick. Although that would probably be more work than you've done in your life.

Bitch.

Quoth terakhan View Post
    ...they still go on strike for more money.
    Not that you were saying this, but the current labor dispute in the NFL is leading towards a lockout by the owners, not a strike by the players. Just saying.

Quoth Mytical View Post
    ...everybody else can keep up with the 'Jones'...
    Fuck the Joneses. Fuck them to death. I don't give two flying shits what my neighbors have or whether or not my shit is as nice or nicer than theirs. If my shit is nice enough for me, fine. I have an 11 year old truck, and I love it. Could I do with something newer? Sure. Who couldn't. Do I NEED something newer. No, of course not. So again, fuck the Joneses. Fuck them till they bleed from their eyes.

(EDITED TO ADD: Some people may find some of my language in this post objectionable. Myself, I don't get hung up on individual words so much as the thoughts and ideas that groups of words convey. And I personally feel that the idea of 200K not being "enough" for spoiled people like the woman in question far more objectionable than any words I could use or have used. Naturally, some people will disagree, as is their right. Such people and myself shall simply have to agree to disagree.)
    Last edited by Jester; 02-06-2011, 07:32 PM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Giggle Goose View Post
      Fairfax County here! You beat us for the median income AGAIN, huh? *grumble* jk
      Yeah we did but you guys beat us in property values. Both places are a little too pricy for me to manage, which is sad cuz I love it back home, thankfully Williamsburg feels pretty similar and isn't too far away to make a weekend trip home.

Comment

I make less than 30k a year and if I got to make 195k a year or SO for the matter, oh we'd live like royalty! In South Florida that would suffice!
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Jester, I am in complete agreement with you.

I had the opportunity to marry an officer instead of Rob. That Chris [why do I keep finding friends named Chris?] is still in, is now a full Commander, and makes after all his pay adjustments well over $100,000 a year and is of sufficient rank he gets issued a house. I had the opportunity to marry an architect, I have no idea how much he makes a year, but I would be willing to bet it is significant as he owns a building in San Francisco.

I would possibly have a better life if I married either one of them. I know I would have a bigger bank account. I am happy living in a craptastic little house, with aging furniture and gimping around cooking in a kitchen that has neither granite counters nor stainless steel appliances. And I make a killer pot of coffee
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Before taxes I bring in 52K....After taxes, 36-37K. I would LOVE to get 195 a year....just for one year. I would pay off the last over my 29K in debt and take a huge chunk out of my Mom's debt.

Of course I should be done with my car payments this year and then I can start chipping at both my debt and the debt my Mom has cause she is my Mom and bailed me out more then once.

Comment

I asked the OP where she found the article in question. She could not quite recall, but said she would look into it. Is anyone here familiar with the article, and would know where I would find it? It would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Still A Customer."

Comment

My google-fu is not finding it but then I have weak google-fu.

Comment

Apparently my google fu is pretty damn impressive. Took me about 2 minutes to find when I really started looking.

It was not an article, it was a discussion on a web site, started almost 3 years ago by the lady in question, and you can find it here.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    Fuck the Joneses. Fuck them to death. I don't give two flying shits what my neighbors have or whether or not my shit is as nice or nicer than theirs. If my shit is nice enough for me, fine. I have an 11 year old truck, and I love it. Could I do with something newer? Sure. Who couldn't. Do I NEED something newer. No, of course not. So again, fuck the Joneses. Fuck them till they bleed from their eyes.
                    Agreed. I never got why people have to one-up each other by getting more and more expensive shit. Sorry, but if that's the only way you think you can "impress" people...you're a fucking loser.

Sure, my nearly-4-year-old-Corolla might not have the same snob appeal of a Lexus or BMW, but that's not why I bought it. Yeah, I know it's boring. But, it's damn reliable, knocks down 40mpg...and will be paid for soon. Oh, and it doesn't attract any unwanted attention--if I need that, I'll take the MG, which turns more heads than a Corvette

Same with the house--I bought it because the price was reasonable; it was on a nice lot, and hasn't needed much work. I didn't buy the place to impress my neighbors--I don't give a flying fuck what they think of my place. Sure, the front yard looks like shit, there aren't any steps to the front porch, the driveway is crumbling, etc. but I'm working on it. The steps are getting replaced this spring, and I've been working on the yard. What can I say, other than it's difficult to work outside when it's single-digits out, and I work 40+ hours a week
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                      What can I say, other than it's difficult to work outside when it's single-digits out, and I work 40+ hours a week
                      This is what got me when I was living in a rental house. I was almost never home and when I was I was working on the inside of the house not on the outside. II do the majority of my work on Sunday's or the occasional day off during the week. So screw them when my outside doesn't look perfect, I'll get to it when I get to it.

Comment

Working...
                      X