This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just When I Thought It Was Over....

Ever since I got the letter finding that the claims against me were unsubstantiated, I've been looking forward to this coming Monday. My attorney and I were ready to rock, we've got more than enough now probably have this entire case dismissed. The state has no case.

Yesterday, I got a knock at the door and found the sheriff standing there. He served me with papers. I signed for them and looked at them. They are divorce papers. After a 15 year relationship and coming up on 10 years of marriage, three kids, and a MOUNTAIN of history, she cited "incompatibility" as the reason for divorce. All this time I've been holding out on the hope that she had some small shred of faith in me, that she believed in me even a little bit. But now I know she doesn't. She filed on Jan 21, which was a few days BEFORE the results of the investigation, so maybe that will change things. I don't know if it will. Maybe for her. To me, I mean, it hurts deep that she would do this. That she couldn't even see that she was being used to make a case against me, that she didn't love me enough to see that this was all a misunderstanding. She's seeking sole custody of the children, and I won't allow that. I did nothing wrong, there is no reason for her to do this to me, and (more importantly), to our children. We have to take a divorce class before they will proceed, maybe she'll see how much worse this is going to make everything. I don't know.

Some of the stuff in the papers doesn't make sense to me (why am I ordered to pay child support when we aren't divorced? She still has her ATM card for my account, and our checkbook, for that matter). I went by my attorney's office yesterday and it was closed. I figured it was probably because of the weather. This morning I called him and found out he's out of state until next Wednesday. I have court on Monday, so I panicked for a minute, then called my parents. I gave him my home address last week, but if he mailed anything to me before that point, he'd have sent it to my parents' address, which was on file at the time. They got a letter the other day. Court has been moved to March 6th.

That's a month away. That means I am left here, unable to do ANYTHING about ANY of this for another month. That's another month that I have no chance of seeing my kids again. This is complete madness. As far as I'm concerned, this thing is over. The state has yet to produce ANYTHINNG for their case. We, on the other hand, pretty much have everything we need. So they do this. I don't know if they're stalling, if they are trying to break my spirit, or if they're just lazy, but this is my life, and the lives of my children that they are toying with here. It's just unbelievable. I don't know what to do now. I don't know what I CAN do. I'm just trying to hold it together, trying to keep from falling into despair. I've come a long way since this all started, and I will not give up now. I just want it to be over. I want to see my kids again. I want to hold them and tell them I love them. I want my life back.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

I don't know what to say other than all of that is so terribly unfair!
    I hope she changes her mind, you've always sounded like you really love your family and it's horrible that this is happening to you.
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

*hugs* I'm so sorry.
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I am with Mishi, this seem so completely unfair for such a wonderful amazing person.

I send many hugs
        Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

*oodles of hugs*
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

That megasucks, Kara.

Hang in there.....

Mike
            Meow.........

Comment

Aw Kara, *hugs*.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

You are strong. You will get through this. Just keep thinking of how much you love your kids. Check in here now and then and let us know how you're doing. You know we'll listen!
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I hope everything works out in the end.

Comment

***** offers oddles of support *****

unfortuneately I went through this about 6 years ago and got crapped on too. the one saving grace is that our daughter had just turned 18. Ex opted (and strongly suggested by me) for NO maintenance or alimony.

came home one day after a 20 year marriage to "BYE its not working out anymore"
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

ow. just...
                      I am so sad you're going through this. It sounds like insanity from where I'm sitting (on her part).
                      Hugs?
                      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I'm sorry.
                        I had wondered why she didn't at least try to see you without the children.

Comment

Now that the charges have been dropped, are you allowed to contact her and ask her calmly what is going on? Or do you think she'll howl harrassment again if you do? I jsut really feel for you not being able to see your kids.
                          A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                          - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                            I'm sorry.
                            I had wondered why she didn't at least try to see you without the children.
                            Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
                            Now that the charges have been dropped, are you allowed to contact her and ask her calmly what is going on? Or do you think she'll howl harrassment again if you do? I jsut really feel for you not being able to see your kids.
                            The charges haven't been dropped. SRS/CPS runs an independent investigation, has nothing to do with the legal system. Also, the court-order still stands that I cannot contact the kids OR her. However, my pastor called me yesterday because she called him to tell him I'd probably received the paperwork for the divorce. I told him everything the police left out or lied about, and he was pretty concerned. He's going to talk to her, hopefully it will make some kind of difference.

I don't know. I'm really, REALLY hurt that she would do this to me. I don't know where to even begin getting over it.

Also, went to the doctor today thanks to two and a half days of migraines. Surprise, surprise, by blood pressure is reaching critical mass, so now I get to take meds so that I don't explode. Other than that, I just have to sit here and keep waiting on things to happen.
                            "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                              I am almost wondering if this whole mess is being used as her excuse for opting to divorce you, especially when she stopped being supportive of who you really are.
                              I was kinda wondering that too...

Quoth Kara View Post
                              However, my pastor called me yesterday because she called him to tell him I'd probably received the paperwork for the divorce. I told him everything the police left out or lied about, and he was pretty concerned. He's going to talk to her, hopefully it will make some kind of difference.
                              I hope he can help her at least see that keeping the kids from you is just punishing them as well as you, and if she is determined to go through with the divorce she'll at least try to keep it civil and not put the kids in the middle. That's not good for any of you.

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X