X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piled Higher and Deeper

The place I work at is... highly seasonal specialty retail

Two days ago, I got this phone call:

Caller (henceforth designated as SC): I, um, bought 4 or 5 cases of <product> from you a week or two ago, and I've sold them all to my people. They've all told me that half the product was missing from every box in the cases I sold them. I had to give all of them their money back and I couldn't get the <product> back because then they wouldn't have any.
    Me: Really? Do you have your receipt?
    SC: No, I can't keep those, I throw them all away.
    Me: Right. Find your receipt.

Now, let me pause here to explain a couple of things. The product in question is pretty hefty. To the point where half of the weight not being present would cause comment well before SC purchased those cases. About halfway thru SC's explanation I've already decided this ..person.... is full of it. This is pure, 100% utter and complete BS.

Me: (continuing) You will need to speak with the owner about this, <owner> will be present this evening. Call back.
    SC: Well, yea, but what are you gonna do for me? I'm out all this money and my people are really pissed at me.
    Me: Uh huh. Find your receipt and call back. *meanwhile making notes*
    SC: *starting to launch into inspiring story of how SC has spent all this money with us over the competitors....*
    Me: (I do so relish the opportunity to squelch this sort of stuff) Call back when the owner is here, this evening. *hangs up*
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Why would his people be pissed at him? According to his story, they got 50% of product AND all their money back. Suuuuure, we'll get right on that refund for you.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Before you explained that it would be obvious if half the product was missing from each box, the phrase that popped into my head was, "some settling may occur."
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

smells scammy to me which means...

1) He never bought it to begin with. Or purchased it in the past.

2) He did buy it, sold it, and thinks he can somehow scam you into giving him a refund on top of what he made

at any rate he wants a refund without returning anything to you? Yeah. Hey I have an order for $8000 worth of product. I can't give it back to you cos it was all bad ... so can I has refund?

Comment

Working...
        X