This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Ghel View Post

So the teller called Betty, and Betty's reaction was, "oh, really!?" Like she didn't know. She has, and uses, internet banking, so she knows exactly where she's at.
    couldn't that also get her arrested eventually? or cost her the entire business? (or both?)

Comment

I don't think the bank would press charges against her, even if her actions warranted it. If Betty goes to jail, her business would close, and there would be no income to pay for the loan.

No matter what you hear about banks foreclosing on people's houses, it's not a good thing for the bank. There's huge fees that banks have to pay during a foreclosure, and especially on a business, the foreclosure process can take a long time - over a year sometimes. And the smaller the bank, the more that eats into their profits.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

I went over to Betty's Family Restaurant for lunch today and discovered that she now has free wifi for her customers. Now, I don't know how much it costs a business to provide wifi for their customers, but still... I want to know why wifi is more important, when almost nobody around here uses it, than paying her homeowners insurance, paying her real estate taxes (on her home and business), or paying her mortgage payment. This woman's priorities are completely out of whack.
        "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
        -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
        X