Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damit! Dammit! DAMMIT! YOU BROKE THE RULES!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damit! Dammit! DAMMIT! YOU BROKE THE RULES!!!!!

Look lady, I understand why you are upset. I'd be peeved too if I got towed from a place I live at. But, see, you didn't put your permit up. The one that identifies your vehicle as belonging.

It doesn't matter to me how much you pay in rent or how long you've been renting there... none of that matters.... Nuuuuuuthing else mat-terrrrrrrrs!!! And I never cared for what you do..... It's a matter of rules! RULES! You know, as in "RULER!"

One of the big bugaboos about people who live in rental properties is a small but aggravating percentage of them do not and cannot be made to understand that final say on who can and cannot park their cars on that property and how they are allowed to do it is the word of the landlord, not his/her tenants.

In other words, even if your friend you're visiting gave you "permission" to park there, said friend's permission in this case means nothing.

It's the same as if they gave you "permission" to park in my driveway... their vote doesn't count

You cannot park on the grass, doing so tends to kill/damage the grass, and the landlord pays money to keep that from happening. So, even if you do live there, you aren't allowed to just pull your car/truck onto the lawn and party it up... why? Because your LANDLORD said so and it's their will I enforce. It doesn't matter if you can find me 50 drunk party-goers who agree said policy is "stupid" and that "She lives here!" This is not a democracy, the desire of the plebiscite means nothing to the modern-day Caligula who is your landlord. (though I don't think he's appointed a horse to run anything around here yet, so maybe I'm being unfair?)

If you ARE a tenant, you have to follow the RULES of your landlord and you CANNOT summarily overrule them because you think they are silly. If he says your parking permit must be visible at all times, and you don't put yours up, and you get towed, too bad. And visible to me means any part of it can be seen, if I see it under a sunvisor, or partially under the front seat or flipped upside down in the center console, then obviously its "visible" , I saw it, but if you just plain forget it somewhere or give it to a friend, sorry, the rule that you SIGNED UP to be enforced to is "VISIBLE PERMITS" I try to be as lenient as possible, you don't have to be a DICK to do this job, but you have to be FIRM. (Oh dear, that didn't sound so half as dirty in my head when I typed it, sorry)

Is this policy a bit overzealous? asinine? stupid? "gay"? It's irrelevant is what it is. You have to pay to get that car back.

Yes, you already told me you live there more than a few times, the issue is not that I do not believe you, its a rules violation

Yes, I'm certain there was no permit visible in that car

No, I don't "recognize" your car, you have any idea how many cars I have to check for permits everyday around this town? It's like all those baseballs that get fouled into the crowd during a game, there's no way you can bring one of those back to the umpire and demand he be able to recognize it as one he had... unless it had a special mark on it or something... a unique identifier? Like, oh, I don't know, A PARKING PERMIT!?

No, I will not bring it back until you pay.

"Not your problem?" you say? You say that "If the permit fell off, it's not my problem!" Uh, as you can clearly see, it just BECAME your problem....

Look, stop repeating yourself please, I've already said it will not be coming back, just demanding it again will do nothing but make me need to get my teeth floated..

Oooh, a lawsuit threat.... wow... never heard one of those before......

Nope, car still isn't coming back without payment

Answer is still no

Still no

Nope, and no, I am not going to be responsible if you get fired for being late to work. Claiming you are now late for work... at 3 in the morning, is dubious. Yes, I know there are people who work odd hours, I mean, look who's talking, but, if you really are late for work, maybe you should be calling them and not me? or a cab?

We're really going nowhere now, I'm sorry, talk to the manager in the morning. *click*

That was fun, wonder what you'll do for an encore? Turns out, you had someone else call in and claim he was the landlord.... or TRY to claim. See, I never bothered talking to him because I know he's NOT the landlord. The people who OWN that property are Global Domination Reality LLC. I know that because we get faxes from them from time to time about rule updates and changes. And they know the "secret" line to call me if there's an issue. A guy who calls the number on the truck, claims to "own" the property in question, and when asked for his name gives me his STREET NAME of "Shiv", well, THEY get hung up on mighty quick..... I cannot believe you did that.

Well, I can

But I'd like to DREAM I live in a world where people aren't that dumb, I can do that can't I?
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Quoth Argabarga View Post

But I'd like to DREAM I live in a world where people aren't that dumb, I can do that can't I?
    Well, you can dream of course. But I recommend keeping your dreams closer to that of reality or go off the wall awesome.

If its closer to reality, then you arent as disappointed upon awakening and if its off the wall you can really enjoy it.

My dreams currently include a famous actress/model and a tropical island paradise. But thats just me.

Comment

You can dream it all you want. Hell, I do all the time. We keep waking up, though....

There's a lot of rules I think are stupid. Do I still follow them? Sure, most of the time. If not and I get caught, it's my own fault.

Oh, crap. There I go being logical again....
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

No, I don't "recognize" your car, you have any idea how many cars I have to check for permits everyday around this town?
        Well, do you have any idea what a Sooper-Speshull Snowflake I am?

Comment

"Hello, my name is Mr. Burns. I am the landlord."

"Okay, what's your first name, Mr. Burns?"

"I don't know!"

Comment

I can confess that at least a small percentage of cars I DO recognize, owing to the fact they're interesting (One person had a yellow Lamborghini), notably beat up (That blue Toyota Pickup with so much rust that the sides of it probably flap in the breeze while driving) or that they never move (That Lincoln Town Car that hasn't moved from that one spot in the corner of the lot for 4 years...)

So, some I don't check because I know they're okay

But 90% of the rest of you have better have your permits up. I can't remember EVERY white Nissan Altima
            - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I always love reading the tales of people who done got Argabarga'd. Because they get so bent out of shape and sweary and angry and ranty and waaarghbbl and Sir Arga of Barga can just sit back and tell them to pound sand until they cough up the money to release the car.

Or otherwise produce something legit-- like a call from the actual landlord-- to convince him to release it. (I can't recall, has anything like that happened, Arga?)
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Cat Herder View Post
                "Hello, my name is Mr. Burns. I am the landlord."

"Okay, what's your first name, Mr. Burns?"

"I don't know!"
                Great plan, Bart!!

Comment

Yes, the old ESP game -
                  "Please check the permits and tow the cars that don't have a permit because they don't belong here, but don't check cars that don't have a permit because they just forgot to put it up".

Which of course has it's other variations -
                  "Please check the ID of anyone using a stolen credit card, but do not check my ID because my credit card isn't stolen"
                  and
                  "Please dont' allow refunds to people who bring in stuff they stole, cause it raises prices, but do give me a refund without a receipt because I didn't steal this".

When will they realize that anyone with the wonderful ESP powers they expect all retail and service workers to have would find a better way of making a living with it than working retail or service?

Madness takes it's toll....
                  Please have exact change ready.

Comment

I can confess that at least a small percentage of cars I DO recognize, owing to the fact they're interesting (One person had a yellow Lamborghini), notably beat up (That blue Toyota Pickup with so much rust that the sides of it probably flap in the breeze while driving) or that they never move (That Lincoln Town Car that hasn't moved from that one spot in the corner of the lot for 4 years...)

So, some I don't check because I know they're okay

But 90% of the rest of you have better have your permits up. I can't remember EVERY white Nissan Altima
                    So you're saying that you wouldn't recognize my incredibly blah-coloured Toyota Corolla from every other blah-coloured Toyota Corolla you've ever seen??

I'm shocked. Truly.

(We'll ignore the fact that, even with a recognizable ding in the left rear fender that I haven't yet been able to get fixed ... even with that, I sometimes mistake other blah-coloured Toyota Corollas for mine ... )

Comment

Look lady, I understand why you are upset. I'd be peeved too if I got towed from a place I live at. But, see, you didn't put your permit up. The one that identifies your vehicle as belonging.

It doesn't matter to me how much you pay in rent or how long you've been renting there... none of that matters.... Nuuuuuuthing else mat-terrrrrrrrs!!! And I never cared for what you do..... It's a matter of rules! RULES! You know, as in "RULER!"
                      So close no matter how far
                      Didn't have the permit on your car
                      I don't care who you are
                      And nothing else matters
                      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

You know, as in "RULER!"
                        I am ruler of my country! I never get towed, and I get free candy bars from grocery stores!

Comment

Sometimes it really does pay to have a distinctive looking car. For quite a while, my dad drove a little white van which was utterly unique - and we never had any trouble finding it in a car park.

Imagine the smallest supermini car you can (that isn't actually a Mini, a Messerschmitt or a Peel P50), then turn it into a van by replacing the back half with a box - that's essentially a SEAT Terra. Now add a CAMPER conversion including expanding roof. That unique roofline was what we looked for, and it was so small that it could be parked in places that almost nobody else would dare use.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                            So close no matter how far
                            Didn't have the permit on your car
                            I don't care who you are
                            And nothing else matters

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                            Sometimes it really does pay to have a distinctive looking car. For quite a while, my dad drove a little white van which was utterly unique - and we never had any trouble finding it in a car park.
                            Oh yes. My first car was a 1962 Dodge Dart. I got it in 1987, when all the cars were small boxy jobs. It was amazingly easy to spot this Mothership On Wheels in a crowded parking lot!

:sigh: I still miss that car.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

How often do you encounter people like this and in the back of your mind you think, "OH MAN! This is going on customerssuck.com, and IT'S GOLD!"?

Comment

Working...
                              X