Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This didn't happen to me but one of the other cashiers said that a woman told her kids not to pick up what they had messed up because that was the cashier's job.
    "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

It is so nice that some of our regular customers have really well-behaved and respectful children. I was closing one night when we were short-staffed and some jerks brat trashed the seasonal aisle right after I had straightened it. I could hear the aisle being messed up while I was ringing up customers. One of my regular customer's kids saw what was happening and started cleaning up the mess. He actually re-faced the entire aisle while I was busy ringing up other customers. I saw what he was doing and mentioned it to my manager when he came up front to bring me changed. My boss bought the kid a candy bar with his mom's permission when they came up to check out.

Comment

Quoth retailworker7 View Post
        It is so nice that some of our regular customers have really well-behaved and respectful children. I was closing one night when we were short-staffed and some jerks brat trashed the seasonal aisle right after I had straightened it. I could hear the aisle being messed up while I was ringing up customers. One of my regular customer's kids saw what was happening and started cleaning up the mess. He actually re-faced the entire aisle while I was busy ringing up other customers. I saw what he was doing and mentioned it to my manager when he came up front to bring me changed. My boss bought the kid a candy bar with his mom's permission when they came up to check out.
        We need to have that kid cloned!!!
        "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Quoth Lovecats View Post
          We need to have that kid cloned!!!
          No, we need to replicate his PARENTS. In mass quantities. They're obviously doing a whole lot of things right.
          What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
            No, we need to replicate his PARENTS. In mass quantities. They're obviously doing a whole lot of things right.
            Yes they are. His parents lead by example. One time the entire family was in the store and the customer ahead of them in line's credit card declined for some items that needed to be kept in the cooler. The customer was being a jerk about it. I put the items down on the counter behind the register and picked up the phone to page someone to put them away. The parents asked me for the items and the family put everything away for me after I finished ringing them up.

Comment

Is it possible that video cameras are set up near the front so the same customers can be identified later? I hate to suggest biased treatment, but some people have to be set straight by a business, instead of someone logical like parents. In reality it probably wouldn't work, because it may not be possible for every employee to know who to provide better service to than a person or group known for making a mess in the store.

I loved the screaming kid poster. I would add "...cuz if they are not told the word 'NO!!!' every so often, they're going to be eaten alive in the real world."

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                T
                Even worse the parents have to show off the fact that their only reading material at home is the Websters Profanasaurus.
                You mean Rogers's, surely?
                Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth tigger222 View Post
                  You could have heard a pin drop in the room everyone was shocked that she would pick up without being asked.
                  Similar story: my friends Neets and Golf Boy were visiting me in Key West a couple years ago, with their daughter Bear, who was about 5 or 6 at the time. We were at the toy store where I do magic once a week, and Bear was just in awe of all the wondrous things there, as many kids and adults are--it's a great toy store. But what had the staff completely slack-jawed was that, whenever Bear was done checking something out or playing with it (many toys are out as demos for the kids), she would make a point of putting the item right back where she found it, without being told.

I am a proud uncle, but even I was stunned. As Neets put it, "That's just the way Bear is." (To be balanced, her older sister Bug was a hellion at that age, which is what made this a bit more unbelievable...)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Naaman View Post
                    You mean Rogers's, surely?
                    No, I think you mean Wibster's, the fictional dictionary from the Dilbert cartoon series.
                    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
                      No, I think you mean Wibster's, the fictional dictionary from the Dilbert cartoon series.
                      Nope, I'd rather have the real one
                      Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

My mum would have killed me if I'd dared to run around a supermarket, screaming! O_o Not to mention that had I damaged anything, my mum would have apologised profusely, paid for it... and taken a percentage of my pocket money for weeks after to pay it back. -.- Every time I see a screeching brat running around grabbing stuff in a store, I get the urge to backhand the parent... especially if said parent is too busy playing Angry Birds on their mobile or talking to their baby daddy to even notice the misery their child is inflicting on others.

Quoth retailworker7 View Post
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

I'm proud of myself and my son; Boogerhead is very good at putting stuff back that he yanks off/falls down. I just have to say, "Put it back, ok" and he does. There are some days...(he's 2) but overall he WANTS to clean up after himself.
                          Shoot, when we have a dinner out, he says "All done, gawbahge?" He will take it all to the "Big Boy Garbage" and make sure it's all tossed.

I do want to slap his dad. One day Booger's Dad and Boogerhead were out shopping/doing something. Somehow a Reeses Pieces fell on the floor, and Boogerhead did a stomping job on it. Dad taped it. And put the mushed candy back on the shelf. Showed it off to everyone he could. I was ashamed to know that schmuck. (he's my ex for a reason!!!!!)

I'm proud of Boogerhead.
                          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Working...
                          X