Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hubs has some friends he want to college with who named their son Aragorn. And this was back in the late 70's.

Apparently he goes by "Gorny" now.

I think the weirdest question I've been asked is at a show. A lady asked for one of my quilts in a different size and when I explained that it would be a special order she said "Don't you have any in the back?"

I pushed a quilt aside from the rack, showing the wall of the building we were in (I'm always up against a wall in this show) and said "What back?"

We still joke about the "Rectal bag of holding".
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
      Gender specific..toppings?

Warning, warning, warning..main processor failure...this is not a drill. Mytical's head will explode in 3...2....1
      Pink & blue sprinkles?

Never noticed gender preferences, but age preferences, yeah. We have several of those Yogurt places where it's self serve, and you put your own toppings on, then pay by weight.

The youngest kids go for the gummy worms, older kids for candy bar related items. Most have dozens of toppings on variations of those for the kids. But one, which shares a building with a coffee place, is my favourite - they cater to the "older" crowd, flavours of frozen yogurt are a bit more sophisticated, gummty bears and such are minimally represented, with more fruit and exotic toppings, including a shelf full of things like chocolate dipped strawberries, teeny little mini-eclairs & tarts, etc.

Madness takes it's toll....
      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Weirdest question?
        Customer storms up to the counter, beet red in the face. "I've looked all through your phone book and there's not a single listing here for a naturopath!! ARGLEBARGLE!! RAWR!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???"

My reply?
        "I'm sorry, ma-am - this is a used bookstore. I'm not in charge of QwestDex, the Yellow Pages or CenturyLink. And I'm happy to say I can't help you."

Comment

Quoth Misty View Post
          "What toppings are good for a boy?"
          A dash of girl!
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth depechemodefan View Post
            A cw had a caller ask, "how do you make a woman come?" Cw misunderstood what the asshole was saying and responded, "did you call her name?"
            Actually, that can be part of the equation.

Calling SOMEONE ELSE'S name will end in disaster.

As for questions I've fielded, I did get a "How long will it take me to use this pen?" once...

And I did have a customer ask "What's the difference between the white one and the black one?" in regards to two identical items, but that's more of a brain fart.
            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post

And these are the very same people who claim to love their kids. It's shit like this that is the reason I never, EVER tell people my middle name. My last name pulled me enough grief in grade school, beginning with 'Cow-' as it does.
              My middle name gave me some grief at school as well. When I mentioned it in class once, one of my tormentors deliberately misheard it as "Kibble" and he and his cronies started calling me "Kibbles and Bits."

-_-;; I do not have fond memories of middle school.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
                How old was this gentleman? Some really old family run drugstores have some kind of a food/soda/ice cream counter.
                Many, many years ago when I was just a baby DGoddess, my mom worked for a local drugstore called Ben Franklin Drugs. The store she worked at had a downstairs level, which had a cafeteria/sandwich shop and gift shop. Hugely popular, but around the early 70's, the owner sold the store to the Rite Aid chain.

Unfortunately, even though they had customers who shopped their for YEARS and not only shopped the main level but also were regulars at the cafeteria, the first thing the chain did was . . .

If you guessed took out the cafeteria and gift shop, you get a cookie.

And they couldn't quite figure out why that location lost a LOT of business, even after it was pointed out to them. . . .
                Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 07-01-2012, 12:18 AM.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Had a customer last night who wanted a certain kind of cigarettes. She wanted a carton (10 packs). We didn't have a carton, but I offered to give her 10 packs for the carton price. Oh YES! she wanted this.

I then pulled all the packs we had of that kind of cigarette, and unfortunately, we only had 8. So I told her there were only 8. Her response? "Well I still want the carton price!"

Wait, what??? You want to pay the price of 10 packs when you only get 8??? :::brain goes xplodey:::

Comment

Power Corp had a very lengthy IVR ( for accounts, 2 to pay your bill etc)

CW: Thank you for caling Power Corp Collections, can I take your account number?
                    Caller: Uh, Yeah, is this the Rape crisis line?
                    CW: ???

Comment

I can't decide if the parents of little Drizzt are awesome or terrible for naming their child that. Both?

Comment

"Do you work here?" while I'm wearing red and khaki with a name tag and holding a pda with a walkie on my belt. Nope, I don't work here. Just like the look. Do you think I'm carrying it off? Oh, and I forgot the part where I'm also wearing a shirt with the name of the store on it and she looked right at the name tag just before she asked.
                        "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

"What kinds of clothes do teen girls wear?"

How the heck should I know, I don't pay attention!

Also,
                          "What size do I look?"
                          Wow, you're seriously asking me? You didn't even check the size of your clothing before getting dressed today? I can't tell what size people are just by looking at them.
                          Check out my art: http://mechanicold.deviantart.com/

Comment

*While working for a well known catalogue store*

Customer: Yeah, the girl at the checkout said they were sending down all the different types of *popular doll* you have in stock, so I can see if you have the one I want before I buy it.

Me: Okay, here are the 3 different versions we currently have. We don't have the others right now and don't know when we'll get more.

Customer: Hmmm. The one I want isn't here. Do you have any of the others

Me: *deadpan* No ma'am. These three are the only ones we have right now.

Customer: Well, do you know when you'll be getting more in?

Me:
                            Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth SourRobot View Post
                              "What kinds of clothes do teen girls wear?"
                              Slutty?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                                Sometimes I look at a person's name and wonder, what could they have done, apparently in the womb, to make their parents do THAT to them?! Have these folks never been to an elementary school? 3rd graders aren't that many rings up the social ladder from cannibals!
                                I'd prefer the cannibals really.
                                How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Working...
                                X