This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC Family at Cici's Pizza

After tutoring tonight, decided to have dinner at CiCi's Pizza......pizza isn't the best you can get but it's 4.49 (1.49 for a drink) for the all-you-can-eat pizza-salad-pasta-dessert buffet, a very reasonable price. They usually have about 10 kinds of pizza out at one time, as well as 3-4 desserts and a full salad and pasta bar. You can ask for a specific pizza to be cooked at no extra charge, but I just eat what's there, which is pretty good. People there are nice....they do the goofy "Welcome to CiCi's!!!" upon entering and "CiCi ya later" when you leave.
    So now that i've educated the unfamiliar about CiCi's, here's the story at hand...

Family of four (Mom, Dad, two boys, presumably 4 and 6, could be wrong) walks in. I'm just sitting at a table near the door enjoying dinner when they walk in. My guess is that they were never there before, to which the cashier basically gave them a run-down as to what to expect and how they'll make a pizza of your choice if you ask blah blah blah. At first, they bitch about the lack of kid's buffet pricing....um, if they charged a lower price, they wouldn't make any money. Dad pulls out a credit card....Cici's doesn't take them.....throws a fit but luckily Mom has the cash so they pay and hit the buffet. It's 8:30 pm and they're dead, so it's just me, another couple, and the family of 4.

After hitting the buffet, little boy is complaining about the lack of cheese pizza.....MOD overhears it, goes to the table and offers to make them a plain cheese pizza....mom goes "yeah, hurry it up, he's hungry!"

Five minutes later a cheese pizza is rushed to SC Family Table. Family seems to enjoy it. Kids are then throwing stuff at each other, messing up not only their table but a 5' radius around the table.

They then decide to get dessert. Kids are upset and crying over the lack of ice cream....i'm thinking "deal with it!" Mom goes up and asks if they have ice cream....MOD says sorry....their thanks is the huge mess they get to clean up

people never cease to amaze me

I remember that place, I used to go to one at the mall back in Santa Fe. The pizza was fairly good, actually. And the dessert pizzas were interesting to say the least. I hear they've extended their franchise, and one is coming to Seattle.
    You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

I've only been to CiCi's twice, and they were both birthday parties.
      I love the idea of a pizza buffet that has more.
      Is it true that they have pizza topped with macaroni and cheese?
      "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Slightly off-topic, but I remember going to Pizza Hut for lunch one day a while ago (10-12 years ago? Maybe?) and they had a buffet of a couple of pizzas, one or two pastas, a bowl of garden and a bowl of caesar salad, and a thing of bread sticks. It was pretty good to this pizza fanatic. (Obviously, since I've remembered it this long... ) Does anybody know if they still have it?

Anyways, that family was fairly sucky. The Mom asking them to be quick was OK, but when the family didn't ask the kids to calm down and stop making a mess, that's when they crossed into the Territory of Suck. I hope they left a tip of some sort-besides "Don't eat yellow snow".
        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

My wife and I went to CiCi's in cinci (actually eastgate) for the first time this summer. Not a bad place, The food ranged from equivalent to chef boyardee to better than pizza hut and yes they did have the mac n cheese pizza. I didn't know they ould make one for you if it wasn't out. Cool. But there was enough out there to try that I found something I liked. The chicken ranch one was very good.

We didn't know they didnt take cards when we went in either but we didnt have a cow either and went to the ATM to get som cash.

I hate parents like that. One of the last thigns my wife and I do before we leave a restaunt is police our area to make sure everything is cleaned up and we have the kids help out during that. Also first one to throw something has to go get it and automatically gets bad points. Enough bad points and bad thigns happen(ranging from timeouts/no dessert/to loss of priviledges) to them so the kids dont get too rowdy when out. Too rowdy that is.

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
            Slightly off-topic, but I remember going to Pizza Hut for lunch one day a while ago (10-12 years ago? Maybe?) and they had a buffet of a couple of pizzas, one or two pastas, a bowl of garden and a bowl of caesar salad, and a thing of bread sticks. It was pretty good to this pizza fanatic. (Obviously, since I've remembered it this long... ) Does anybody know if they still have it?
            The one i work for does. They have it twice on wednesdays(Lunch +dinner) and Fridays(Lunch). We are one of very few restraunts that pizza hut has that still does it. Corporate gets pissy and wont remodel and modernize us unless we drop our buffet and salad bar. I say screw em. Its practically the only thing that keeps us in business now.

Comment

The part about the credit card I think is understandable, but everything else about them was truely sucky.

Olive juice you too.

Comment

Slightly off-topic, but I remember going to Pizza Hut for lunch one day a while ago (10-12 years ago? Maybe?) and they had a buffet of a couple of pizzas, one or two pastas, a bowl of garden and a bowl of caesar salad, and a thing of bread sticks. <snip> Does anybody know if they still have it?
                The Pizza Hut closest to my house still has the buffet. I keep trying to talk the man of the household into taking me there, but...nah. Maybe next time.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Oh, we have a Cici nearby and I just went there a couple weeks ago. I tell ya they have some interesting pizzas, I didn't see the mac'n'cheese pizza but they did have like a taco one (I think that's what it is becuase it lettuce on it) and a buffalo wing one that I both tried. I also like their spinach one which I usually have when I'm there and they do have a good dessert pizza. Anyway I think I only paid $3.99 for the buffet.
                  Yours truly, Robyn unless your an SC
                  My space
                  Facebook

Comment

There is a CiCi's Pizza in the same strip mall as my store, and that one does take credit cards. Yes, they do have Mac-N-Cheese, and that is one that I won't leave the store without having one slice of. Some of my other favorites are the alfredo pizza and some slightly less unusual ones like spinnach and hawaiian. Yes, they do have a buffalo chicken pizza (ok, a little spicier than what I'd normally eat).

Someone should smite that family for defiling the wonderfulness of CiCi's.
                    "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
                    "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
                    My MySpace
                    My LiveJournal

Comment

I LOVE Cici's Pizza, especially because at the one I frequent, they make tomato-less pizza. THAT is some good eating right there...especially the Canadian bacon one. When it gets real busy, they don't always have a lot of pizza out, but that's mostly because of the little brats who load up their plates with foot-tall piles of pizza and then eat two bites of it.

...hmm, I just decided where I'm going for lunch...
                      "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

What's a desert pizza? O_o
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Rahmota View Post
                          My wife and I went to CiCi's in cinci (actually eastgate)

Snip
                          Howdy neighbor! Hubby and I take our kids to the Eastgate CiCi's occasionally too. The price is right and the kids love all of the choices. If I'm not mistaken they have some mini-cinnamon rolls in the desserts now. My 6 year old couldn't get enough. Mmmmm...pizza....

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
                            I remember that place, I used to go to one at the mall back in Santa Fe. The pizza was fairly good, actually. And the dessert pizzas were interesting to say the least. I hear they've extended their franchise, and one is coming to Seattle.
                            I never managed to go to a CiCi's when I was living out there

I am seeing their TV commercials in Boston, so am not sure if there's one around here or not.
                            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I know in my area, the one I used to practically live at still had the buffet last time I visited (almost a year ago.)

I'm not sure about the other locations. The one I went to is now gone.
                              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                              X