Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I leave the auto-correct on only because it amuses me to see what kind of odd turns of phrase it comes up with.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      I leave the auto-correct on only because it amuses me to see what kind of odd turns of phrase it comes up with.

^-.-^
      I know the quote's talking about an iPhone, but still:

"Martin! Check it out! My iPhone lied for me!!!"
      My other car is a Mackinaw.

Comment

"So according to my phone, I was eating cinnamon rolls with my friend Martin at 9 o'clock at night. Which sounds like a horrible lie but being as her boyfriend is 'the fluffy guy that loves chocolate cake,' it sounds REAL!"
        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

I need to find out a way to turn autocorrect off on my iPad. >.>
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            I think I'm gonna go get the phone today. I think I'm gonna go for the Samsung. Purely on my gut instinct. Even though it's more money than the iPhone.

And I can't wait to get my ringtones loaded on to it. My favorite one is the one I use for text messages: Tubular Bells from The Exorcist. Freaks people out all the damn time.
            Truly evil - I knew I liked you

I know someone who uses the Jaws theme for their mother in law
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
              I know someone who uses the Jaws theme for their mother in law
              For My Worst Girlfriend Ever, I used to have ELO's "Evil Woman" as a ring tone.

And for my older sister The Witch, I used to have the "Imperial March" from Star Wars, aka Darth Vader's theme. Seemed appropriate.

Speaking of ringtones, anyone know a good website where I can download free ringtones? I used to use Myxer, but I tried to use them again, and it didn't work too well. They have a note on their site that if you have a new phone, just go ahead and download the tone, and they'll figure it out, and your new phone will get the tone. Well, they didn't, and it didn't, and frankly, Myxer is pretty damn slow. So....any suggestions for free ringtone sites?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

I never got around to setting the Old Boss' ringtone to the Imperial March; it would have been perfect, though.

The Bosslady, however, is Flight of the Bumblebee. Work is Working in a Coal Mine. My brother is Insane in the Membrane. The boyfriend is Weird Science.

And for my base ringtone, it's Rainbow Nukestep, which is a brony dubstep track and really hard to miss.

When I was off looking for ringtones, I used Zedge.net. It appears they have the Galaxy S III among their devices and I thought they had a pretty slick mobile platform.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Alright, I have had my Samsung for almost two weeks now, and it is slowly getting to the point I want it. I still have some issues with it, such as the lack of speed dialing (making it much harder to dial someone while driving...it's much easier and safer to just be able to dial "3" and call my niece, or "80" and ring my parents."

So, my fellow Samsungers and droiders, a couple questions.

1. Is there any app out there that would allow me to have speed dials? Alternatively, is there anything in the phone that would allow something similar, something I am missing? And I don't mean "favorites," as that still involves having to look at the phone far too long for it to be convenient in non-driving situations, or safe in driving situations.

2. Separate issue: I know the phone has a task manager, which allows me to shut down any running apps manually. Is there, however, an app out there that would act as an automatic task manager, and shut down any apps that have not been running for a certain amount of time, such as 2 minutes, or whatever? So I could, for example, use the internet, or update facebook, or make entries in my virtual checkbook, and then when I'm done, forget about it, and in a couple minutes, said task manager would just shut down the apps due to lack of use?

3. Any other useful apps out there I should know about? I stress "useful." Not silly, not games, not fun. Useful, pragmatic, stuff that is good for everyday life. And I can't give specifics, because this query is about stuff I haven't thought of yet.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Does your Droid have the google search bar somewhere on any of the screens? If Yay, click the speaker and say "call (insert name that you've named whomever in your contacts)" and it will call. Even better? "Call *Burger King* or whatever place you want) and it will call the closest BK near you

Comment

I was just about to post saying that I can set up speed dial via the left-side menu button thingy when in the 'Phone' menu - though I have an S2, they may have got rid of it as they are wont with useful things. Though Dasota has a better method - I forgot about that one. XD

Useful apps... *scurries through phone* I'd like to mention beforehand I tend to go for paid apps because I've found them of better quality, more features and no pissing-off adverts.
                      * Howsabout Juice Defender? I got the suggestion off a forum and I can't remember whether it was this forum O.o It's a little doobrie that dampens your phone's connectivity to every 15 minutes while you're not using it - saves a ton of battery life.
                      * Space Junk is better than Google Skymaps (imo) in the practice of studying the sky and it even includes satellites.
                      * Likewise for sky-related things Sundroid gives you the exact times of sun/moon rise/set, including different types of twilight (astronomical, civil, nautical)
                      * Smart tools work well in a pinch if you've forgotten the measurey bits of a tool kit, with protractors, compass, light, decibel meter, and something that can measure distance and height but that needs calibrating and I haven't had a chance to yet.
                      *Days Left lets you plonk a widget on the background that will count down or away from any specific date.

The other non-gaming, non-Brit- or providor-specific apps I have I'm not sure if they're any good to you...
                      "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

I do the droid thing, but I have a motorola, and I have voice dial. I tell it to dial whomever and it happens. Does the Samsung have voice dial?
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Spotted this article in PCMag.com today, and thought of this thread:

Cool Cases for Your Samsung Galaxy S III

^-.-^

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                            Does the Samsung have voice dial?
                            Not a clue.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                              Spotted this article in PCMag.com today, and thought of this thread:

Cool Cases for Your Samsung Galaxy S III

^-.-^
                              I appreciate it, Andara, but the very first thing I did when I bought the Galaxy was to buy an Otter box for it.

Case, I'm fine with. Apps, ringtones, and screensavers, still working on. (And why in the HELL can't I find a Sun Devil screensaver for my phone, damn it?!?!?)

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                                I appreciate it, Andara, but the very first thing I did when I bought the Galaxy was to buy an Otter box for it.

Case, I'm fine with. Apps, ringtones, and screensavers, still working on. (And why in the HELL can't I find a Sun Devil screensaver for my phone, damn it?!?!?)
                                Make one?

I actually do that with my iPad. I make up some pictures in the app called Art Set, which are then transferred to my photos and then become my new wallpaper.
                                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                                X