Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's both a brilliant idea and a terrible idea. It's brilliant because it's innovative and unconventional. It's terrible because I have all the artistic talent of a moose carcass.

Currently, my screensaver is a picture of myself wearing an anti-USC ASU shirt, and a girl wearing an anti-U of A ASU shirt. But I really would like standard team logos, for the Sun Devils, Oakland Raiders, and other teams I root for.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      It's both a brilliant idea and a terrible idea. It's brilliant because it's innovative and unconventional. It's terrible because I have all the artistic talent of a moose carcass.

Currently, my screensaver is a picture of myself wearing an anti-USC ASU shirt, and a girl wearing an anti-U of A ASU shirt. But I really would like standard team logos, for the Sun Devils, Oakland Raiders, and other teams I root for.
      You could easily do that. Chances are that your phone can be hooked up to the computer. My phone wallpaper at the moment is one of the preset ones because I don't have a decent photo of me and my boyfriend.

Do a Google image search of the logo for your team. Then once you find it, download it and put it on your phone. Then when you go and open up your phone, it should be in pictures. From there you can put it on your computer. You may need to fiddle around a bit though to ensure that it looks good.
      Last edited by fireheart; 10-07-2012, 03:33 AM.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Okay, wtf?

For about the second or third time since I've had this phone, the alert ringtone went off....and I have no idea why. It wasn't a call (different ringtone), it wasn't a message, it wasn't a voicemail, it wasn't an alarm (none set up)--for the life of me, I can't figure out why my phone would be going off with an alert, but not giving me any idea what the alert might be. Help?

Still A Customer."

Comment

Battery low, perhaps? Isn't there an icon in the status bar (on top to the left, just pull it down).

Comment

There should be a status bar, as Mikkel mentioned, that will show all of the notices you've received.

If you have any apps, a lot of those will send alerts. When you have updates for anything, you'll get an alert. If you have email enabled on your phone, that'll do the alert sound, too.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

It wasn't the battery, as the phone was plugged in and fully charged when this happened this morning.

But I think I figured out what it was. I believe it was a reminder from my virtual checkbook app that a utility bill is due in two days, as I set that app to remind me of that very fact. However, while it sounded the alert, there was no sign on the screen that that was what was going on, so I had to guess, and only figured it out when I was looking in the checkbook for a different reason. But, since it doesn't give you an onscreen signal as to what the heck the alert's for, I think I shall just note when the bills are due, and not have any reminder alerts...which is pretty much the way I did things in my Dumb Phone, without any serious problem.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                It wasn't the battery, as the phone was plugged in and fully charged when this happened this morning.

But I think I figured out what it was. I believe it was a reminder from my virtual checkbook app that a utility bill is due in two days, as I set that app to remind me of that very fact. However, while it sounded the alert, there was no sign on the screen that that was what was going on, so I had to guess, and only figured it out when I was looking in the checkbook for a different reason. But, since it doesn't give you an onscreen signal as to what the heck the alert's for, I think I shall just note when the bills are due, and not have any reminder alerts...which is pretty much the way I did things in my Dumb Phone, without any serious problem.
                If you can, you may be able to set the app up so that it gives you a different notification sound.
                My boyfriend has had some very interesting ones.

The first one he had was Charlie going "Shun the nonbeliever..shuuuuuuuuunnnn....."

His current one is from Archer, going "lana? Lana? lana? Lana?" and getting louder until she screams "WHAT?!" and he goes "hehehe....danger zone" quietly. (it also pisses me off)

Fun fact: the guy who voices Archer also voices the titular character in Bob's Burgers.

My current notification sound is the Mario 1-Up sound and my ringtone is the Mario bros theme.

Comment

I would love to figure out how to do that.

I was able to do that, ironically enough, with my Dumb Phone...even though it didn't have apps per se, I was able to set up different ring tones for the alarm, for picture mails, for voice mails, for text messages, for incoming calls from people I knew, and for incoming calls from people I don't know.

I already have been told by Samsung and Sprint that I can't set it up to give me a different ring tones for unknown numbers. (I had Men at Work's "Who Can It Be Now?" for unknown numbers.) At the moment, I only have one ringtone for telephone calls, and another for all alerts, including text messages, alarms, reminders, etc. One thing I truly do NOT like about my new phone.

Still A Customer."

Comment

By the way, does anyone here know a good site for free screensavers and ringtones?

I used to use Myxer, but despite the fact that their site claims that, if you have a new phone, all you have to do is download the item, and it will find your new phone, this didn't happen. So Myxer apparently isn't coming through to my new phone.

And while Zedge is great for apps, they do NOT have the ringtones and screensavers I want.

So, other than Myxer and Zedge, what is there out there?

Still A Customer."

Comment

android market. Use it.

Comment

Let me preface all of this with the fact that I generally like Apple products, but I'm not an Apple fangirl that's going to buy anything with that logo on it.

I just got my iPhone 5 the other day and love it. I just charged it for the first time last night after 3 days of use. Also, it's super sturdy. Even my old iPhone 4, that was glass on the front and back took lots of drops and abuse and never gave up on me. Now the back of my phone is aluminum. I've heard great things about Android phones, but I've also heard they're a lot more prone to breaking because they're usually plastic. As a certifiable klutz, I just didn't want to drop the money on the phone and take that chance.

I love Siri. I originally thought Siri was dumb, but I'm sold now that I've tried it. She's given me a bunch of highly rated sushi places to try based on my location at the moment, she sets my alarms for me and manages my calander. AND when I ask her who let the dogs out, she says "Who? Who? Who? Who? Who?"

Ok, that last one is no reason to choose a particular phone, just entertaining.
                        The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                          android market. Use it.
                          If by that you mean the "google play" or "samsung apps" links in my phone, I have used them, but they don't always offer up what I am searching for. I am looking for additional information and/or apps, rather than just what I can find with the rather limited search capabilities of said links.

Still A Customer."

Comment

If you have a clip that you want to use, you can drop it straight into your ringtones folder (assuming that you have one and it's called that) while hooked up to the computer.

The only way to have a separate ringtone for unknown numbers is to set all known numbers with ringtones that are not that and have that for your default. It's a pain in the ass, but it would work.

As for another site, you might look into Audiko. I haven't really checked it out, but it appears to have lots of ringtones on it.

Another one is MyTinyPhone, which has this, among a lot of other stuff. It also has ringtones. It's worth noting that they have both free and paid results. I haven't really checked it out, either.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                              The only way to have a separate ringtone for unknown numbers is to set all known numbers with ringtones that are not that and have that for your default. It's a pain in the ass, but it would work.
                              A bigger pain in the ass than you know. I have over 400 contacts in my phone. And that's after a recent purge where I eliminated over 100 contacts.

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                              As for another site, you might look into Audiko.

Another one is MyTinyPhone...
                              Thanks....will check them both out!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X