This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winter crafting project...

So i was wandering around walmart yesterday waiting on my oil change, when I wandered past the craft section.

I was looking at something to do since I have a bad feeling about this winter, and my living room is the warmest room in the house, and found a 6 panel quilting block cross stitch project.

So I picked it up, looked at the skill level (intermediate), choose some colors, and decided to tackle it.

I won't care if its not that pretty (but dang if its done right it should be wonderful), and its something to keep me entertained.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

I'm always wishing I had more time to do projects. I don't quilt, but I like crochet. I'd love to have a wardrobe of light sweaters and summer tops I made myself. I have carpal tunnel, but crochet doesn't seem to bother it.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

That sounds like fun.

I keep wanting to get back into needle point or petit point. I really like doing needlework, but I seem to have a major issue with screwing up my patterns. >_< At least it's not like knitting; seems that the ability to knit skipped my generation; my cousin is just as useless at it as I am.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My joke is that I can crochet because it's one stick and string, but throw in another stick and it's all over.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

That may be. I mean, needlework and beadwork only uses a single stick, as it were. I'm really good at beadwork.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
          X