This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mattm04 View Post
    We have three of those. Our biggest problem is people bring them to the lot when we have signs saying not to and getting pissed off when we confront them about it. Also, most old people feel they are above putting them back in their respective spaces (with the plug conveniently located next to the "parking area" so they can charge them) Usually they will leave them in the middle of the door way, blocking the exit, about three feet from the offiicial return area.
    Strange, the stores in our area don't mind the carts being taken out to the lot so people can unload. Most often, you'll see someone walking with them to bring said carts back inside.

When I had to use one of these myself (broken leg) I would be asked if I would like someone to accompany me outside to help, and if not, I always returned it. I could walk fine on my crutches, but couldn't carry groceries at the same time.

Some people are just complete a** munchers and should be removed from the gene pool, IMO.

Eric the Grey
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

That was rude and inconsiderate what that SC did. About 2 years ago I broke my foot from an accident and I was on a walking cast (I called it "the boot"). My doctor said it was okay for me to do some walking so I can bear some weight on my foot and so that the muscles won't atrophy. I was out shopping at Winn-Dixie with my mom, but despite what I told her, she insisted on me riding around those MWC's. I've never felt so awkward, and I was 22 at the time.
      Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 03-14-2008, 05:10 AM.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I try to always give people the benefit of a doubt, but when they're rude on those things, they deserve no respect from me. My favorite thing is to mention sideways to someone I'm with that I thought those things had a weight limit...... Rude is rude, polite will get you help loading stuff in your car.
        ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

my store has 12, give or take, they're always breaking, and getting fixed, so the number varies

the store across the street has about 20

and they have a weight limit of 450 pounds(about 220 kg) for the person, and 150 pounds (about 70 kg) for the selections. there are a few customers who, i'm sure go over that, and i'm sure that's why they keep breaking(between that and people taking them out in the snow/rain)

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
            We have three of those. Our biggest problem is people bring them to the lot when we have signs saying not to and getting pissed off when we confront them about it. Also, most old people feel they are above putting them back in their respective spaces (with the plug conveniently located next to the "parking area" so they can charge them) Usually they will leave them in the middle of the door way, blocking the exit, about three feet from the offiicial return area.
            I was told the motorized carts aren't supposed to go outside because the rougher, uneven surface of the pavement is hard on the motor. Or something.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Slightly OT, but my daughter and I were going into Wal-Mart just last week and there was a guy on one of those MWC's just outside the door and he was riding it around like a maniac while someone else loaded the car right in front. He almost ran over several people coming in and out of the door. So he's doing figure 8's with the thing and someone inside his car opened the back door and he crashed right into it and went flying sideways off the thing. I know it's terrible, but we were laughing so hard we couldn't breathe. Maybe that'll teach him it's not a toy!

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                That was rude and inconsiderate what that SC did. About 2 years ago I broke my foot from an accident and I was on a walking cast (I called it "the boot"). My doctor said it was okay for me to do some walking so I can bear some weight on my foot and so that the muscles won't atrophy. I was out shopping at Winn-Dixie with my mom, but despite what I told her, she insisted on me riding around those MWC's. I've never felt so awkward, and I was 22 at the time.
                Yeah, I've already made up my mind that if I break a leg or something I'll either use crutches or use one of the real wheel chairs to get around at the store. I don't need the horse power. My arms are good enough.
                Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Working...
                X