This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Idiocracy' in action...

I love how people don't grasp that just because it has 'dollar' in the name of the store, that everything should be $1. I'd always correct people on the place I once worked at, as all 'dollar' stores shouldn't be stated as such (i.e. Family Dollar, Dollar General, et al.). Same for book stores. They have names aside from 'book store' (i.e. Half-Price Books, Barnes & Noble, Borders, et al.). Cripes.

We're coming into an age where certain institutions will be the 'be-all' place for some, if not most consumers.
    HI, I'M NEW TO ALL OF THIS wave of approval ™©®

Comment

Quoth Tee View Post
      “Attention Dollar Tree shoppers, we are now closed and are locking the door and going home. If anyone is still here, I apologize that we didn’t spot you, and will see you tomorrow morning. But seriously, Register 5 is open and waiting when you finish making your selections, hope to see you soon.”
      To quote Slappy, "Now that's comedy!"

Quoth Tee View Post
      Side note: Oh, yeah, one question, what’s with all the SG-1 and O’Neil love?

Not that I’m complaining, O’Neil ftw.
      My guess is that there are a lot of folks here with good taste in Science Fiction. SG1 rocks! I have all but season 10, and the The Ark of Truth on DVD.

Eric the Grey
      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Tee View Post
        Is it okay to inquire where you work, or what you deal in?
        My company deals in anything. If we think we can turn it, we buy it.

This has included: spa mud, EV Motors, imported deck shoes, kangaroo meat, high end cosmetics, wrenches, speaker kits, above ground pools, etc. Oh, yeah, and sometimes classified military equipment that shouldn't have been out of military possession in the first place. We got the last one through eBay.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          My company deals in anything. Oh, yeah, and sometimes classified military equipment that shouldn't have been out of military possession in the first place. We got the last one through eBay.

^-.-^
          I'll take one, please.

Comment

Quoth Record Store Tough Guy View Post
            I'll take one, please.
            Trust me, you do not want one.

See, there are various ways the government reacts to finding out you have classified material that they'd get in lots of trouble for if it got out that it was out in the general public in the first place, and they take out all of their issues one the person holding the part, no matter how legitimately they got it.

(we play tough against them because they've tried to push us around and failed before. we won't break the law, but we won't cave to them just 'cause they want to go on power trips)

Anyway, after the local FBI officers came in to browbeat our management a few times, accusing us of theft, release of classified information, and other crimes against the state, they finally got themselves a proper court order to sieze the property. And waited until 9pm to serve it, the bastards.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Eric the Grey View Post
              My guess is that there are a lot of folks here with good taste in Science Fiction. SG1 rocks! I have all but season 10, and the The Ark of Truth on DVD.
              Eric the Grey
              I'm one of them. I have the original movie, all ten seasons, and just got the Ark of Truth today. Now to watch them all, in order.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                I'm one of them. I have the original movie, all ten seasons, and just got the Ark of Truth today. Now to watch them all, in order.
                I picked up AoT tonight and watched it at work. Nice ending to the season, if a bit rushed.

I still need Season 10. Maybe next payday...

Eric the Grey
                In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Tee View Post

Hur, it didn’t scan, it must be free

I've only been working as a store clerk for three weeks but I can tell you that particular phrase is one of the most overused and annoying things I hear. If they are actually being serious when they say that I pity them. If that's their idea of a joke I still pity them.
                  My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Whenever something doesn't have a SKU, I have several options:

Get one that does
                    Get something similar that does
                    Use the Misc key

I usually try to do it in that order, where if one fails, I move on. If there's time constraints, I might skip a step, or just use the misc key (In emergencies only).

Always, EVERY time, I use one of those, I get 100% of the time, the following response:

It's all a dollar isn't it?

Not, it's not, we have things for .20, .25, .33, .34, .50, 1.00, 1.05, 1.08, 1.10, 1.15, 1.20, and 1.30 all due to price differences, and various taxes.

Ignoring that (Cause it's not the point), we have to scan it, WE HAVE too. Just like Wal-mart, target, and K-Mart, we scan stuff.

Today, I thought I finally had someone who wasn't going too. His wrapping paper didn't have a SKU on it, so I went to get one that did, he said it was fine, but when I was 50 feet away, he yelled it after me -_-

Even the repeat customers, who I've told it too before, say it.
                    I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
                    In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Working...
                    X