Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm more confused by the whole: "You will compensate me for distance traveled/gas used/whatever."
    Yeah, you wanna point that button out on my register? Cause I sure as hell don't see it.
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

First, a piece of business: I _hate_ printers without USB cables. Because the stores always want $20+ for them. They are NOT some kind of titanium-gold-uranium alloy made from Real Alien Technology (tm).

That said: BRAVO to the OP! Somebody get a huge jar ... we have a rare specimen ... a manager with a spine!
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
        First, a piece of business: I _hate_ printers without USB cables. Because the stores always want $20+ for them. They are NOT some kind of titanium-gold-uranium alloy made from Real Alien Technology (tm).
        What the heck stores are you going to? Ok, I know that Best Buy charges outrageous prices for their cables, but who else is doing that? And if it's that bad, hit up Newegg.com, pick out a few things, and get that USB cable for $4.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Rivulatus View Post
          Me: [absolutely seeing red, I unfortunately lost my cool, stood over him pointing my finger in his face, and let him have it both barrels]. Ok, firstly the problem did not occur because of any fault in the machine, it was simply because you refused to read a very simple instruction. Secondly, I tried to give you the solution over the phone, but you wouldn't hear of it. You hung up on me when I tried to help you. As you saw, it is as simple as holding down 2 buttons and the computer fixes itself. You hung up on me while I was trying to tell you that. If you didn't hang up, you would have been able to fix it yourself, at home, on Saturday when you called. But instead you chose to hangup. There is only one person to blame for you having to make a special trip down here, and that is you. Not me, not the equipment, You and you alone. I would suggest that next time you purchase something, that you read the instructions. I would suggest that next time you have a problem with something, and someone tries to help you over the phone, that you listen instead of hanging up. Instead of paying you compensation, I should be billing you for the work done to your computer, and for wasting my time. So lets call it even. Goodbye.

Didn't give him a chance to respond, just turned and walked away.

Firm, accurate, and - depending on exact tone of voice - in no way insulting.

Bravo.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

you rock! and welcome! I can't wait to hear more stories of customer ownage.
            We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
              And if it's that bad, hit up Newegg.com, pick out a few things, and get that USB cable for $4.

^-.-^
              Its the principle of the thing. You don't expect to be sold a car and then told the keys don't come with it and that you need to purchase them extra.

Comment

I simply can't believe the nerve of that man.

The store will compensate him for miles traveled and petrol used? Who in the world does this??

I'm baffled as to how people think that a warranty starts when they take their purchase out of the box, instead of starting on the date of purchase. When has it ever been the former?

Some people just weren't meant to use computers, at all, ever. This story ( epic, as it were ) is an example of when you mix sucky people with people who should by no means use computers.

Bravo to the OP! That story brought a tear to my eye!

Comment

My 2 cappucino's worth...

Like everyone else - DAMN WELL DONE!!! :clap:

And as for the SC in question no longer being an SC - probably - he's been bitten once, he'll be a lot shyer next time!

And why don't we have a section called "Customer Ownage"?

Slyt
                  When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
                    And why don't we have a section called "Customer Ownage"?
                    Mostly because people would try to one-up each other and end up punching people to get a good tale.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                      Mostly because people would try to one-up each other and end up punching people to get a good tale.

Rapscallion
                      ..... and...?????? This would be a bad thing, why? :P

Besides - there are those of us in call centres - can't get physical with them

Slyt
                      When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Besides - there are those of us in call centres - can't get physical with them

Slyt
                        Becuase theres always a risk of one of us turning into a SC and threating to sue the site cuz it was their fault they punched a customer. lol Either that or we would all be donating to the free (insert name here) bail fund.

Comment

Quoth Rivulatus View Post
                          so many times customers leave it in the box for months on end before using it, then expect the warranty to go from when they open it, rather than purchase date.

The other one we have is people who complain months (sometimes years) after purchase that part of their product is missing. Sorry, but if you told me within a few days of purchase, I could do something, but 3 years later?
                          I had a guy who claimed his software had sat in the attic unused for three years. We give out free downloadable upgrades for a year after purchase, so I think he was hoping to restart the clock, so to speak.

He never came out and said so outright, though. And I make a point of NOT catching on to hints of that sort.
                          Last edited by Dips; 03-10-2008, 09:44 PM.
                          The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Just in case anyone honestly doesn't get it, lawsuits don't just involve the person doing the punching. Civil lawsuits tend to engulf anyone and everyone potentially involved, and while I can keep this site going out of my own pocket, financing a legal defence is beyond my means.

Rapscallion

Comment

Oh my gosh, You are a better more patient person than I am, I would have totally lost it on him right away and would NOT have helped him at all!

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                                Just in case anyone honestly doesn't get it, lawsuits don't just involve the person doing the punching. Civil lawsuits tend to engulf anyone and everyone potentially involved, and while I can keep this site going out of my own pocket, financing a legal defence is beyond my means.

Rapscallion
                                Sorry - I forgot where I live... the concept of sueing and having it come back to 'the CS website was running a thread, and I wanted to get the most kudos' wouldn't make it too far in the litigation process - without the legal eagles laughing hysterically... Also - think of the irony.. we post stories about SC's not taking responsibility for their actions, and then have one of us turn around and do that to you... ultimate suckness!

But - it could be a good way to drum up members - just think of the publicity :P "Customers Suck suckered a sucky customer" :P

Comment

Working...
                                X