Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hhm....when I worked at sears, we had PC based registers, and when you scanned something it would come up with the item #, name, price, and quantity. We could just change the number in the quantity field, if we needed to. I don't ever remember not being allowed to....but, I was in shoes, and we rarely needed to use it....
    "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
    "Red."
    "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
    "RED!"
    "..."

Comment

They just recently took away our quantity key at Meijer. My disappointment was immense when I figured out which key was missing on our registers.

Comment

We have quantity keys where I work, but are unable to use it unless it's 24+ of an item, and then we have to get a manager to activate it for that single item. Sometimes it takes so long for them to get there, that I could have scanned it all by hand, but we are forbidden from doing that. Apparently, saving receipt paper is more important than getting the customers through fast.

We also had a 3rd party Inventory company come through recently. We were only supposed to check 1/3 of what they did (Thankfully by hand), but we (And I mean mostly me, who is kinda weird when it comes to being exact) found so many errors, we had to do them all, during our peak hours too.
        I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
        In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Quoth Enigma View Post
          I have to point out that the policy has changed. I work at wal-mart and the rule is that you can use the quantity key if it's 6+ items, and anything under you can just scane once, and press enter to repeat. And we don't use flashing lights anymore, we're tricky here, we send little messages to a hand held PDA that the CSMs have.

And as for the barcode, we can type in a barcode if we have it, but if there is no barcode, we have to call someone over to get another product with a barcode, which can take some time. But I think that's pretty common.
          Huh. They never told us that about the quantity key when I worked at the store last year (my more recent Wal-Mart employment). I was under the impression that we still had to use the enter key or scan them individually. I only really found it annoying for items I then had to wrap in bags (breakables) or similar unwieldy items. Cheapo school folders and Kool-Aid packets were actually fun to scan individually, especially if the customer had them in a neat stack.

I was told the problem had something to do with confusing Inventory if you used the quantity key.

With the non-scanning item, not only could we enter a barcode if we had one, if we were just given the correct price we could also enter it under a department number and brief description.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
          X