This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You still won't give it to me?

Call came in today, not really sucky, but certainly made me laugh.

ME: Thank you for calling [Joe's Random Company], How may I help you?
    SC: Yeah, I'm calling to speak to Joe (guy company is named after). Is he available.
    ME: He's not, but I can take a message.
    SC: No, that's okay, can I get his home number?
    ME: I'm not able to give that information out, but I could take a message.
    SC: No, I'll just look it up in the phone book. My name is [Random customer name] and I can look his name up.
    ME: Ok
    SC: You're still not going to give me his number?
    ME: No, sir, but I can take a message.
    SC: No, I'll just find it in the book. <click>

What the heck? Does that work? I'm to assume that because you know how to read, and you know what a phone book is that you're trustworthy? Listen, Nancy Drew, I ain't flowing with your jive, go solve this mystery yourself.

It could have been the LP's checking to make sure that no one is giving out personal info. For us were only allowed to say no sorry their not here. Either that or its just some really stupid SC.

Comment

It could have been the LP's checking to make sure that no one is giving out personal info. For us were only allowed to say no sorry their not here. Either that or its just some really stupid SC.
      Definetly going towards the latter on this one. The account is small, so the owner also happens to be the guy who calls in and gets the messages, so I know his voice. It was definetly not the owner.

Comment

I used to get this a lot when I worked at a pizzaria. The name was completely made up, so anyone asking for "Mr. <pizzaria name>" was automatically considered an idiot. "I'll just look it up in the phone book." usually got the response of "Go right ahead. Have a nice day." <click>
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth weirdboy_1 View Post
          No, I'll just look it up in the phone book. My name is [Random customer name] and I can look his name up.
          ME: Ok
          SC: You're still not going to give me his number?
          Me: No, sir, I'm not intimidated by your third grade reading level.
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I used to work for a company that employed 300.000+ world wide. We'd always get some nitwit calling and asking for the CE0. Yeah, he definitely wants to hear from random Joe calling him through customer service. I'll bet he'd re-arrange his entire day just to talk to you, Mr. Random guy.
            Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

I worked for a company way back when that had a rather distinctive name

Smith-Jones, Jones, Jones, and Black.

Now every idiot in the world knows that Smith and Jones are last names of the partners. So is Black.

WRONG.

I answered the phones one day for the receptionist.

Simith-Jones, Jones and Jones were retired and past away long before I was born.

Bottom line we knew anybody asking for S-J, J or J was a cranking telemarketer or SC.

BTW, Black was a combination of the middle initials of the active partners. So anybody asking for Black was also a cranking telemarketer or SC.

The receptionist had a special voice mail account set up for these names.
              SC Motto "I am more important than you and others and don't you ever forget it"

Comment

When I worked in directory assistance we actually had people call up and want the number for the President of the United States. Not the White House switchboard. They actually wanted to speak directly to the President!
                I don't like your attitude!
                Yeah? Well you're not EATING my attitude!

Comment

Company name.

The computer company I use to work for was named after the owner's family name, however they spelled their name with 'K' but used a 'C' in the company name. Both spelling sounded the same but they rarely got calls at home.

Comment

Here's hoping the owner's name was something akin to Joe Smith. Only gotta be a couple of those in the book, right?
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                    X