X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn you coupons!

Yes, it's that time again.
    (Wakko: No! Not the Wheel of Morality!)
    (Pay attention to how many different cards she uses on me.)
    Had a woman come through my line, whilst I was alone on register, and hand me two skeins of yarn. She tells me, "Hold on, I have a coupon."
    Like it's some life or death thing.
    I scan the first skein, and say, as she's digging through her purse for the coupon, "It doesn't matter, these're on sale, I can't use the coupon."
    She explodes. "Then I don't want them. I wasted all my gas to get here, and the coupon is a better deal, and you can't use the coupon?!"
    I step back and put up my hands. "Ma'am, I don't control it, I just enforce it. Yelling at me will get you nowhere."
    C (Customer): "No, but you can pass it on to your boss. I'll just buy my yarn at WalMart from now on."
    See you next week.
    C: "I wasn't even buying this yarn for myself, either, I was buying it to make blankets for my church."
    Yeah, play off my religious side... not gonna do you any good.
    C: "You tell your boss your coupons suck. It was the only reason I came in to buy from you, I'll just go to WalMart for my yarn, and you made me waste my gas!"

Let me see here:
    Gas card (twice)
    Religion card
    Your boss card
    Yes ma'am, let me break the rules just for you.
    "I call murder on that!"

Yes, she's an innocent victim and you are the big bad bully trying to keep her from her good deeds. *roll eyes*

The charity givers were among some of the worst customers I had during retail. They'd talk your ear off about all of the children they were going to make happy, glowing from head to toe, then they'd turn around and bite your head off over some quibbling price difference, or demand a special deal just for them because of their good work. It's real easy to tell who's giving out of the kindness of their hearts and those that are doing it to feel good about themselves.

Comment

I loved it when people buying for charity would wait until the END of the transaction to hand over their tax exemption paperwork. Which meant I would have to cancel the transaction and send them to the service desk, the only place we could do tax-exempt purchases. And they'd bitch and moan and say "It's for charity!!" Yes, but we have rules and you have to go over there.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Omg, she's going to walmart!

She's going to walmart! WHOOHOO!

Too bad you know she'll be back.
        you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

If Walmart was cheaper in the first place, then why didn't she go there in the first pl.....aw never mind.
          -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
          -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

I bet the difference in cost between the stores deal and the coupon was no more than $1. Stupid woman.

Comment

Quoth CanadaGirl View Post
              I bet the difference in cost between the stores deal and the coupon was no more than $1. Stupid woman.
              Probably less, they rang up at $3 on sale! ON SALE!
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                Yes, it's that time again.
                (Wakko: No! Not the Wheel of Morality!)
                (Pay attention to how many different cards she uses on me.)
                Had a woman come through my line, whilst I was alone on register, and hand me two skeins of yarn. She tells me, "Hold on, I have a coupon."
                Like it's some life or death thing.
                I scan the first skein, and say, as she's digging through her purse for the coupon, "It doesn't matter, these're on sale, I can't use the coupon."
                She explodes. "Then I don't want them. I wasted all my gas to get here, and the coupon is a better deal, and you can't use the coupon?!"
                I step back and put up my hands. "Ma'am, I don't control it, I just enforce it. Yelling at me will get you nowhere."
                C (Customer): "No, but you can pass it on to your boss. I'll just buy my yarn at WalMart from now on."
                See you next week.
                C: "I wasn't even buying this yarn for myself, either, I was buying it to make blankets for my church."
                Yeah, play off my religious side... not gonna do you any good.
                C: "You tell your boss your coupons suck. It was the only reason I came in to buy from you, I'll just go to WalMart for my yarn, and you made me waste my gas!"

Let me see here:
                Gas card (twice)
                Religion card
                Your boss card
                Yes ma'am, let me break the rules just for you.

I only pay $2 for my gas. What are you complaining about?

I am a Reformed Druid, we worship bushes. Who is your God?

I am the boss.

I am a cruel person, I even charged my sister full price.
                SC Motto "I am more important than you and others and don't you ever forget it"

Comment

Working...
                X