X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heya!

Hi everyone!

Call me Cranky Cabbie. I am one of those long time lurkers who has finally plucked up the courage to join and share some stories. So, a bit about myself.

I currently work as a taxi driver in a small town in rural Australia, which I shall refer to as Bugarup. It's one of those places where the a pub on each corner, a gossip mill that can bend reality and a complete lack of rain. The population is roughly equal parts Caucasians and Aboriginal, who get along about 95% of the time. As for the other 5%, you'll see that in some of the stories I tell.

I've only been doing this for a few months. Before that I worked for a building firm. I probably won't share many tales from there, mostly because if I try, the post will quickly devolve into ranting that would make Fratching blush. Before that however, I worked on the front lines in a grocery store, run by a succession of complete morons. There I covered just about every post you could care to name at one time or another, so there are plenty of repressed memories of SC's past there.

So there we are. See you around the forums!

Welcome! Where ye be in terms of states?
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Up in Queensland, out in the wild and uncivilized west

Comment

Ooo another Aussie. Welcome from an American.
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
          Ooo another Aussie.
          I know, we're growing

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
            I know, we're growing
            Which I'm gonna encourage... I like accents. :P *drools*

Comment

I like accents.
              (Kinda have to there DW. )

Welcome aboard CC. I can't imagine why anyone who can drive a cab for a living would need courage to plunge in here, but glad ya did.

Comment

Welcome, colleague.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                  (Kinda have to there DW. )
                  (Oddly enough I'm not a fan of the southern accent and eternally gratefully I don't have one. I prefer more exotic accents like European, Asian, Middle Eastern, and African accents just for examples. As long as I can understand you I'll flail over your accent. :P)

Comment

Hello there.
                    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

(Oddly enough I'm not a fan of the southern accent and eternally gratefully I don't have one. I prefer more exotic accents like European, Asian, Middle Eastern, and African accents just for examples. As long as I can understand you I'll flail over your accent. :P)
                      Apparently South Australians have an accent that other states don't have. It's not "southern" by any means. We also have our own dialect: it's quite amusing trying to explain to someone what a "stobie pole" is.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                        Apparently South Australians have an accent that other states don't have. It's not "southern" by any means. We also have our own dialect: it's quite amusing trying to explain to someone what a "stobie pole" is.
                        Lol. That's awesome fireheart.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the boards, Cranky Cabbie!
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                          X