This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post

Back when I was overnight security at a bank op center we got the cops sent on us about every second or third week for refusing to let some random person in at 2 am to use the lobby toilets ... so they would sit in a car in the parking lot watching me let in a couple cops and give them cups of coffee, shake hands and let them out. As the building was officially closed and it was not any sort of public building, there was no legal requirement to let some random drunk in to use the jakes. Got me friendly with the local cops though
    Nevermind that in the amount of time they sat and waited for the cops to show up, they could have driven themselves down the street to the nearest all night convenience store and used the restroom there and would have had time to spare.

Some people's children, I swannee.

And I bet a cup of coffee that not ONE of those idiots who wasted time calling the cops got their wish, did they?
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Hmmmm, is it possible that this was a hidden camera prank?

Still stupid as heck, but I like to pretend humanity is not that crazy.
      I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

It turns out he did have a legitimate need, he just approached it in the wrongest way possible. His accountant called the office yesterday, I guess mr happy gets audited virtually every year, and the accountant was worried about submitting a tax claim for home improvements when the invoice and the cheque amounts didn't match. Office manager emailed a receipt saying paid (invoice number ) (date ) (cheque number) (amount) and the accountant was happy.

Also the accountant hates dealing with him more than we did, as hard as that was to believe!
        Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
          Also the accountant hates dealing with him more than we did, as hard as that was to believe!
          I can believe it. My manager often complains about one particular client who's a needy aggressive twit, but she can't get rid of him as the partners don't want to lose the very nice fee. Of course, the partner for the client only sees them once a year in the wind up meeting, while my manager has to field the constant calls, emails and whinging about being asked for the same info for the 3rd time after they "forgot" to send it again.
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Court

Quoth Shyla View Post
            I think you might have enjoyed that visit from the police. I can just imagine the policeman trying to figure out the crime involved.
            No! I want this person to take you to court.

I would just love to hear what the judge has to say about a case over 14 cents! It is costing more than that for every minute the court is in session.

Comment

Working...
            X