This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Arcus View Post
    ...They had 3 full sized refrigerators on the roof and a washing machine sticking out of the trunk of a beat up civic. ...
    "When I was in high school I saw a donkey loaded like this in National Geographic. This is my ass and I'll load it however I want!"
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
      I have had several small cars. Fold down the back seat. Carefully arrange stuff. You can get a lot in one.
      Can confirm. I once witnessed a customer at the wholesale club fit several big patio furniture boxes into a small car (it's been more than 15 years now since it happened, so I can't remember the details), and if I hadn't been there to see it (and actually helped her get some of the boxes into the car), I wouldn't have believed it.

Hell, I even told her, after she pulled up to the curb with the car, "This is not going to fit in there." She looked me in the eye and said, "Yes it will, I took the first half of my order home earlier today."

After we were done, I stood back, shook my head, and apologized to her for doubting her car's storage capacity.
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Yesterday I received a mailer from clearance swamp optical, telling me the last mailer they sent me, which I've long since discarded, had the wrong phone number for the local optometrist and listing the correct phone number.

Nice to see the optical operation is just as amateur-hour as the retail operation was.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
          I have had several small cars. Fold down the back seat. Carefully arrange stuff. You can get a lot in one.
          Oh, heck yes.

The entire contents of my dorm room in a 1991 Geo Metro. Or the water heater currently sitting in my basement in the back of a 2008 Chevy Aveo5. (Okay, I did have to tie down the hatchback for that one, but still...)
          "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

I have moved and stuffed SSSOOOOO many things big and small on/in the various cars I have owned over the years --- couches, chairs, recliners, full sized dressers, tables, various major appliances, a king sized water bed with 12 drawer underdresser standard headboard and decking (did that in one trip) .

I almost wish I had taken pictures over the years so I would have proof.
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I got 18 cement cinder blocks and a bunch of lumber in the back of my Suzuki Swift. My husband made me promise never to do that again because he feared I'd bust the shocks. Pffffft, it was riding fine...

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                Reminds me of Irv having to play Tetris with the customers' furniture. Glad you aren't the type to do that to them.

I had just moved into a new place and needed some new furniture when a house a couple of miles away sprouted furniture on its lawn. Stopped to ask, and the landlord said the previous tenant left the furniture behind and he was throwing it out.

The vehicles I had at the time were a 1985 Olds Delta 88 (lotsa passenger room but limited cargo space) and a 1989 Honda CRX (Surprisingly large cargo space, especially with the hatch open.

One trip with the dining room table, another with the chairs. Then there was a set of two bookshelves. Very tall bookshelves. Not a problem: new living room has high ceilings (from having been the garage). And of course I can fit 4-foot-wide shelves in the CRX.
                Except the balance point of the shelves was past the edge of the car.

So I had to hold the front end down as I drove to prevent it tipping up and then sliding out of the car. And that was two trips because it was two book cases.

Comment

Working...
                X