Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Christmas Card Exchange - Tallies are closed. Thanks for playing!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Cazzi View Post
    Afraid its lack of money on my part
    I really had fun the time I participated, but being in a different country to most of the recipients means its unaffordable for me again this year.

I still have all the cards I recieved in the past though

Yeah, I always feel bad for the non-US people, since most if not all of the cards they have to send are international
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Yes, every letter I send internationally cost around $3, a little more for priority mail, a little less for B-class mail.
      Nevertheless I have signed up and if it doesn't get over a 100 dollars I'll play this year.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
        Yes, every letter I send internationally cost around $3, a little more for priority mail, a little less for B-class mail.
        Nevertheless I have signed up and if it doesn't get over a 100 dollars I'll play this year.
        I skipped one year due to tight finances and my Mom fussed at me over that.

We always seem to make a way to get stuff done, and the Christmas Card List is something I've always looked forward to doing (and she and my brother like seeing all the cards come in, particularly the overseas ones) so every year since that one I ALWAYS join in, regardless. It's tradition for me and something I look forward to.

If you can do this, great. But if for some reason someone can't, I completely understand and empathize.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Reminder: Only 9 days remain to sign up for the 2014 Christmas Card Exchange event!

So far, BookstoreEscapee, TawnyMyst, Aethian, bhskittykatt, EricKei, DGoddessChardonnay, Fudgethatkay, Trixie, smileyeagle1021, taxguykarl, Kheldarson, KatherineB, Ironclad Alibi, Elspeth, Irving Patrick Freleigh, morgana, DaisyQueen, Monica, Sarlon, Peppergirl, ArcticChicken, klhanson, Eireann, fma_fanatic, Pedersen, Mikkel, missyred has joined.
          Automated Poster for the Pep Squad!

PM BookstoreEscapee, Pedersen, or one of the mods. I'm not real!

Comment

We're up to 26 people so far.

22 USA
            1 Czech Republic
            1 Australia
            1 Denmark
            1 Canada

Comment

My cards arrived today!

Have 100 for everyone along with family and customers going to include something as a suprise
              It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

I'm signed up with missyred...we can't wait.

Comment

Reminder: Only 6 days remain to sign up for the 2014 Christmas Card Exchange event!

So far, BookstoreEscapee, TawnyMyst, Aethian, bhskittykatt, EricKei, DGoddessChardonnay, Fudgethatkay, Trixie, smileyeagle1021, taxguykarl, Kheldarson, KatherineB, Ironclad Alibi, Elspeth, Irving Patrick Freleigh, morgana, DaisyQueen, Monica, Sarlon, Peppergirl, ArcticChicken, klhanson, Eireann, fma_fanatic, Mikkel, missyred has joined.

Comment

I will be signed up shortly I may very well be moving within November,so I will have to give my current address and when I move on,have the mail redirected from the old place.That means it may take a while longer for mine to be registered,assuming the current housemates haven't used them to whack the spiders with...
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                      I will be signed up shortly I may very well be moving within November,so I will have to give my current address and when I move on,have the mail redirected from the old place.That means it may take a while longer for mine to be registered,assuming the current housemates haven't used them to whack the spiders with...
                      I used my parents' address a few years ago when I was going to be moving in November. They just loved that.

Comment

Reminder: Only 2 days remain to sign up for the 2014 Christmas Card Exchange event!

So far, BookstoreEscapee, TawnyMyst, Aethian, bhskittykatt, EricKei, DGoddessChardonnay, Fudgethatkay, Trixie, smileyeagle1021, taxguykarl, Kheldarson, KatherineB, Ironclad Alibi, Elspeth, Irving Patrick Freleigh, morgana, DaisyQueen, Monica, Sarlon, Peppergirl, ArcticChicken, klhanson, Eireann, fma_fanatic, Kit-Ginevra, Mikkel, missyred has joined.

Comment

Just sneaking in before it's too late.
                          Meeeeoooow.....
                          Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

I was waiting to make sure that the list wouldn't get too big for me to participate. I think I can manage the current size. Hopefully it won't get too much bigger before Saturday and I won't have to opt out.
                            At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

We're up to 30.

25 in the US and 1 each in Canada, Australia, Denmark, the Czech Republic and England.
                              Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 11-01-2014, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Just a side note for those of us in the US -- the post office has international "Forever" first-class stamps these days. About two bucks, as I recall. This may help with planning/budgeting.
                                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                                X