This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm moving up!

I don't know if you have followed my strife at my work detailed here, but in the interim I've had some great news. I've been hired as stage manager at a totally different theatre for a play that starts rehearsing in April! I'm getting a lot more pay, a lot more responsibilities such as bringing on the technical workers, (previously the director in my shows has done that), setting up the schedule, and of course the usual of blocking and spiking and all that good stuff.

Until then I'm stuck at my current theatre. Hey, I'm just ending college and I need the experience. But I'm super stoked for the news!

Quoth ThanosIsKing View Post
    Until then I'm stuck at my current theatre.
    Didja tell them yet?

Ooh, to be a fly on the wall when you do...

Oh, and congratulations on the new position!

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
      Didja tell them yet?

Ooh, to be a fly on the wall when you do...

Oh, and congratulations on the new position!
      Actually, you'd be disappointed. Nothing major happened, for two reasons: 1) in community theatre I'm hired on a show-by-show basis, so even though I'm probably not going back, there's no bad blood. And 2) I'll be rehearsing show B while show A is in performances, so there's no schedule conflict.

Thanks for the congrats though!

Comment

Quoth ThanosIsKing View Post
        Actually, you'd be disappointed. Nothing major happened, for two reasons: 1) in community theatre I'm hired on a show-by-show basis, so even though I'm probably not going back, there's no bad blood. And 2) I'll be rehearsing show B while show A is in performances, so there's no schedule conflict.

Thanks for the congrats though!
        That actually makes it all the better for you! This way, if things fall through with the new job (which I truly hope it does not) you can go back to it if you have to. Or if there is a really nice play going on there, you could get hired on for something.

Either way, it's never a bad thing to keep those kind of bridges available. Always good to have a fall back plan.

Congrats on the new job! You deserve it!
        I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Working...
        X