This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frogs

I heard the frogs chirping to night. Spring is around the corner.
    "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

They are singing "tadpoles tomorrow! tadpoles tomorrow!"

Comment

It's too early for frogs around here, but the robins and grackles are back! YAY!

In August there will be toads. Singing toads. All night long, breeeeeep - breeeeeep - breeeeep -

It's lovely.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        In August there will be toads. Singing toads. All night long, buuudd - weiiisss - errrr -
        Edited for my own amusement.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Grandma sitting in the corner with a penis in her hand going 'No no no no no'

Oh, my bad! I thought you were talking about the band!

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The only time I've seen/heard frogs here was back in '06 when we had one of the wettest summers on record,the local news drove out to show the flooding & we could hear the frogs.

The other thing that popped up were the weird-ass little pre-historic shrimp,they look like 2 inch long horseshoe crabs with tails.
            "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

I think spring was last week. Frogs have been out for a while. It is 81F outside and I had to mow the grass today.
              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
              Save the Ales!
              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

It ain't spring here 'til the hummingbirds arrive,'round the middle of April.The black-chinned get here 1st,followed by ruby-throats who only stick around a few weeks,then the broad-tailed & rufous & we'll get the occasional calliope.
                "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Spring started here about two or three weeks ago, I think -- at least the heat didn't need to be on. For me spring starts when I start shaking my fist at Mother Nature for alergies. Damn you alergies, damn you.
                  Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

In Key West we know spring is here due to the arrival of hordes Hot Drunk Chicks in Bikinis, along with hordes of Stupid Drunk Douchebags that seem to accompany them.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                    X