This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lupo's No Good, Terrible, Horribly, Sucktastically, Very Bad Day... >.<

Allow me to begin whining. I sorry in advance. Hoo boy, what a day. erm...where to start. So, I’ve caught a cold, and am feeling miserable, and of course, started feeling sick last night, which is also when i started cramping (sorry to the males!) At work today, to help alleviate the plethora of ow and ick, I heated water for tea, and let it set the usual amount of time to cool. The only thing is I generally use a standard mug, except it was in a thermal mug, instead of a regular one this time. I grabbed, gulped…and scalded off all my tastebuds. This was in the…oh…first half hour today. Blech.

We’re in the middle of inventory at the store, and lucky me, I ended up having to do textbook inventory ALL by myself today, using a mobile computer station thingie. the cords (extension and internet) got caught in the wheel well in the course of rolling it through the shelves, so I had to tug them out. I apparently tugged harder than I thought and ended up whipping myself in the face with them.

So, after all of this in just the morning hours, I decided on my lunch break to catch a bus up to the local library branch. Only takes a minute or two, and I can decompress there for a bit. Well, as I was walking down the sidewalk, I made a discovery! Some unknown jackass had left bits of twisted scrap metal littering the path, and I caught my shoe on one and took a header. Right into the street.

In front of traffic.

Thankfully it was a red light!

I had to take my shoe off to get it off the metal bits, and there's a HUGE hole in it and so there goes THAT pair of sneakers. My palms are stingy ow, and my right knee is scraped all to hell. Left knee scraped up, too, just not as badly.

Look, I has photographic evidence!!

At this point, I limped back to work and decided not to go to the library...

On the way home, I missed the bus I usually catch after work, so hopped on another, to catch the light rail up to the transit center in the hopes of making my connection. (Which I didn't...missed it by 7 minutes...) While on the light rail it got super crowded, and some douchebag had his hands on my ass.

Well, *A* hand. his other hand was busy holding hands with his wife/girlfriend/babymama. I moved and said "Excuseme, but the handrail is right THERE. It's ABOVE you!"

I glared at him. He looked scolded for a second, but the she-douche automatically started acting like...like I was grabbing him. She started getting all uppity becuase he OBVIOUSLY had something so fine in her, and I OBVIOUSLY was jealous, so I was telling lies about him being grabby with my butt.

I’m sick, I’m cranky, I’m hurty, so I have no patience. I end up blurting out "lady, not that it's any of YOUR business, but I've got a boyfriend. And even were I still single, you can damn bet I wouldn't be lusting after some greased up, grabby handed two timing doucheface, who has the nerve to grab MY ass while playing kissy face with someone like YOU"

And that’s been my day so far.

>.<

How’s everyone else doing??
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lupo pazzesco; 03-15-2011, 10:58 PM.

Wow. I thought my day was bad. I've got nothing on you.

I hope it gets better SOON!

All that happened to me is the person who changed the gas prices at the pump set it $1 BELOW the price. Thankfully it was at a slow time and we only lost $24.

Also we ran out of a lot of things - lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, ice cream mix, milk. Though, the mix and milk there's a good reason for, the dairy delivery guy was at a funeral today. The others were because of extremely high demand for salads today.
    Last edited by Victory Sabre; 03-15-2011, 11:28 PM.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

*offers hugs, a giant teddy bear, and Ben & Jerry's (your choice of Mint Chocolate Cookie or Dublin Mudslide)*
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

What's in a Dublin Mudslide...?

sounds....interesting....

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
          What's in a Dublin Mudslide...?

sounds....interesting....
          Irish cream liqueur ice cream with chocolate chocolate chip cookies. And a fudge swirl. :3
          "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

o.o

I can has??? Lots??

Comment

It's good, but it's not Ben & Jerry's best flavor.
              "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

omg that ice cream sounds amazing! ><
                I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

oowwwiiieee. Many gentle hugs. i have a recipe for guinness cupcakes with bailey's frosting.

I hope your day goes better.
                  Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Awwww lupo... big hugs, girl!

Chocolate?
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

You do know that yesterday was the 15th of March? You know of the saying, "Beware the Ides of March"?

I hope you feel better. If you can take a nice hot bath and soak for a while.
                      "Beam me up Scotty there is no intelligent life down here."

Comment

Quoth CaptainJaneway View Post
                        You know of the saying, "Beware the Ides of March"?
                        I'm pretty sure that saying only really applies if you're Julius Caesar.
                        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

*gentle hugs for Lupo*

Quoth Elspeth View Post
                          i have a recipe for guinness cupcakes with bailey's frosting.
                          Share? I can make that for Lizziebeff for her birthday.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                            *gentle hugs for Lupo*

Share? I can make that for Lizziebeff for her birthday.
                            from here

http://www.food.com/recipe/guinness-...rosting-360499

About This Recipe
                            "The ultimate St. Patrick's Day dessert. Prep time includes time for cooling in step 2. Adapted from a recipe at http://tinyurl.com/ao6avy"
                            Ingredients
                            Cupcakes
                            1 cup unsalted butter
                            1 cup Guinness stout
                            2/3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder, sifted
                            1 cup light brown sugar
                            1 teaspoon table salt
                            2 cups all-purpose flour
                            1 cup white sugar
                            1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
                            2 eggs
                            1/2 cup sour cream

Frosting
                            1/2 cup unsalted butter
                            4 cups confectioners' sugar
                            1 pinch table salt
                            3 tablespoons irish cream ( Bailey's or Carolan's)
                            1 tablespoon milk
                            green sprinkles

Directions
                            1. Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 24-30 cupcake cups, or fill with paper liners.

2. In a saucepan, heat the butter, Guinness, cocoa and brown sugar, whisking often, until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.

3. Into the work bowl of a stand mixer (or into a large mixing bowl), sift together salt, flour, white sugar and baking soda. Add the cooled Guinness mixture and beat on medium for 1 minute. Add eggs and sour cream and beat on medium for 2 minutes or until smooth.

4. Divide the batter evenly amongst the cupcake cups. Bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cake comes out clean. Cool in pan 20 minutes, then remove and transfer to a cooling rack until completely cooled.

5. Meanwhile, in (cleaned) work bowl of stand mixer, cream butter until very light and fluffy. Add salt, and slowly add confectioners sugar. Do not run the mixer above low, or the sugar will spray all over your kitchen. Add a couple of spoonsful at a time until it has all been absorbed into the butter. Add Bailey's and milk until spreadable consistency is achieved.

6. Frost cupcakes with Bailey's frosting. Sprinkle with green jimmies.
                            Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Awesome!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!

Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X