This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sah-WEET!

So, I just got back from a guest lecture on campus. The speaker? Chef Duff Goldman, the "Ace of Cakes."

I think that the actual reasoning behind the visit was that he was supposed to talk about entrepreneurship, but really it was just funny stories from his background plus a Q&A session. Sadly, he did not bring a cake. He did stay for autographs and stuff, but that was only for "VIPs" aka donors and friends of Student Activities people. (double )

At any rate, the talk was funny as hell. He kept messing with the sign language interpreters, who had a really hard time even keeping up with them. There were two who traded off every 15 minutes or so, and the first time they switched he said, "Whoa, tag team!" During the Q&A, somebody asked him why he hated cupcakes and he launched a hilarious tirade about a company in Baltimore called Charm City Cupcakes (that started up *after* the show became famous). Apparently, Charm City Cakes regularly get complaint calls about the cupcake business (being late, wrong deliveries, etc.) He said, "What could go wrong?!? Did your little piping bag bust or something???"
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Lucky! I would love to meet Duff...and Alton Brown, Michael Symon and Anthony Bourdain too! Those guys are so bad ass!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

He actually mentioned Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential and said, "If y'all haven't read it, then you should, because every word of that book is absolutely true." My not-so-secret dream is to eat dinner at Le Bernardin (or the French Laundry) with Anthony Bourdain.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
      X