This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cave lady raids the cold/flu aisle

I posted in the blanket fort thread that I have the flu. Well, this afternoon I gathered the energy to shower and even wash my hair. It came out extremely curly and pouffy. I ran out of meds, so I had to go to the store. I just smashed down the top of my fro and put hairpins in it. I threw on my road-crew-orange sweatshirt 'cause it was handy. Pretty picture with no makeup, yaknow? But whatever.

So I must have looked like death warmed over because as I was staring at all the cold meds, several people walked by, looking at me funny. Their faces said, "What does SHE have? I'd better not touch anything on this aisle, lest I get her germs!"
    Last edited by Food Lady; 03-16-2011, 05:34 AM.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

*giggles* while i can see the image in my head, and it's mightly funny. I feel bad for you, for having the flu.

I stay in my house most days, so i don't really have as much of a chance of getting the flu. So i don't know how you feel...but i can still wish you a happy recovery, and plenty of tea...i have lots! And i'll share
    I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

I feel you. I had Bronchitis for 3-weeks, 2-days well, then this week I've had a head cold. I tried a treatment of Vitamin B, Iron, Zinc and Vitamin C; it's supposed to shorten the duration of the cold. The Zinc come in lozenges too. I also got some Clear Lung from GNC so I can actually inhale, and am trying an Elderberry Extract for the coughing; can't hurt anything. Oh, and a Hot Tottie to get to sleep. Make tea, add lemon juice, a shot of whiskey, and lots of honey! Don't take that if any of the meds say don't mix with alcohol or you risk liver damage though! I always try to go natural before giving up and going to the doctors.

You ever go to work sick? And people give you the evil eye and ask why are you working? I hate that. I tell them "because I need to pay my bills! Sniffle!" Really though, I sound worse than I am.

Hope you get better soon! Hugs and honey your way!
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I'm better today; just feels like a little headcold. But I was feverish Monday and wiped out Monday and yesterday. I did get a glimpse of myself in the grocery store's bathroom mirror and it was ghastly.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
        X