This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My younger cat has cooties

ElderlyCat has taken to using the dog's piddle pads instead of the litter tray. I think it's for one (or both) of two reasons:

1. It's easier on old bones to just walk onto a piddle pad, squat and do your business, and walk away again, than to go through the whole business of climbing into a litter tray.
    Besides, the humans take all the mess away either way. Good human-servants.

2. The white cat has cooties.

She's never liked sharing her litter tray with the white cat, and no matter how many litter trays we have, or how far apart we space them, or anything, he INSISTS on using EVERY tray.

I don't really mind. I have to clean it up either way, and the piddle pads do just as good a job of keeping the mess contained.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Is it wrong that "kitty cooties" is a phrase that amuses me greatly and will be showing up in conversation around the house? We have five, and I think the girls are all convinced that both the boys have "kitty cooties".

Comment

I think I'd prefer if the cats used piddle pads. Can't stand litter; it's my primary reason for not particularly wanting a cat in my own house.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        I think I'd prefer if the cats used piddle pads. Can't stand litter; it's my primary reason for not particularly wanting a cat in my own house.
        When I get my own cat, I'm toilet training it
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I wonder if piddlepads would work for our fat orange ass. She's obsessive over the boxes, and won't pee in them if there's even a hint of contamination - which means she rarely uses them, given that the fuzzbutt's reaction to a clean box is SOIL ALL THE THINGS!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
            When I get my own cat, I'm toilet training it
            Good luck. I tried that with two of my cats (Jasmine and Stumps) with no luck. I gave up and am using a self cleaning litter box for Taz. She's funny about it; she'll use it for urine no matter what, but if it's "too dirty" she'll poop on the bathroom mat.

Odds are white cat is displaying dominence behavior. He doesn't care about the box so much as marking, "mine, mine, mine, mine!" Elderly cat is respecting his boundaries.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
            X