This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• returning... not sure why

This place seems to get hacked pretty damn easily. Not sure if i'll stick around for long. I can bet another hack will happen it at least 2 months. Maybe "someone" should get a better method of security for their host and/or a firewall to protect against -ahem- those nasty little hacker kids.

The new layout looks weird, too.

Perhaps you know of some all powerful fail safe that you'd like to let us in on?
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Comment

Ack! The SCs are invading...

Comment

Quoth Dawnchaser
        Ack! The SCs are invading...
        How mature. I'm not a "sucky customer", Dawnchaser. Just an employee of a large Canadian Walmart-like store that is sick of what used to be a good site getting hacked all the time. Someone needs to invest in a better host or a better firewall. It's not that hard.

Comment

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...=1367#post1367

Unfortunately, on a site like this, we are fair game for those who find our choice of theme disturbing, so I'm afraid that hacks are probably going to always be a risk, no matter how secure we try to make our site.
          Build a better mousetrap and the mice will evolve and find a way around it.

We don't force anyone to join, nor do we force anyone to remain here.

I've been a member here for close to 5 years, I think, and have come through several hacks, but I stayed and, rather than complain that the site was hacked in the first place, I was grateful to the owner for persevering despite the odds, and continuing to rebuild.

I was grateful to my fellow members who have always been so resilient and kept coming back with a positive attitude. That was what made me fall in love with the site. The people here develop a sense of family and we look out for each other, and stick together.

So, I am sorry that your own personal experience here has been a disappointment. Perhaps you could PM Raps, the site owner for a refund of the membership fees paid each time you have had to sign up for a new board.
          I apologize if that seems rude, but I just want to remind people that, since Raps took over, it doesn't cost the members a cent to belong here, as he has completely done away with paid subscriptions, and bears the entire cost of the site on his own.

As for the layout looking weird, we also went with a different software, and we picked one that many of us older members and mods were familiar with.
          It does look different, but, rather than focus on the negatives, try checking out some of the pretty nice features that it has, compared to the other recent versions of the boards.

I am concerned that others might not take your 'complaint' or suggestions very well, so, to minimize any defensive flaming that may occur as a result, I am going to close this thread.
          Last edited by Ree; 07-10-2006, 05:42 AM.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Working...
          X