X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I don't think you have the right attitude to run a company"

First real post so please be gentle

Bit of background: I run a company that sell web hosting and we have a nice little live chat function on the website for pre-sales but any existing customers we generally say send us an email/trouble ticket so its all logged. So one chappy jumps on this morning and conversation goes a bit like this (I've paraphrased as the actual transcript is a lot longer)

SC: I need a payment extension please
    Me: Sure email billing@blah.com
    SC: I didn't have to do that before when the company was owned by <old owner who we bought out a month ago>
    Me: Well I'm afraid we have to ask you now as it saves any confusion down the line and its company policy now
    SC: Where is this policy online I want to read it?
    Me: Its not its just the way we do things
    SC: Well I didn't sign it so it doesn't apply. Please can you give me an extension
    Me: Email us

<and so on for a bit until we get the email>

SC: I've been running my own companies for 8 years and I think you should offer lots of support for everything online
    Me: We don't do that as it puts to much emphasis on indviduals and its hard to hand over from one shift to another
    SC: Well I don't think you've got the skill to run a company and this is all crap
    Me: I'm finishing this conversation please raise a ticket
    SC: This is a load of b***shit. This is going to cost you 7 customers I've referred.
    ME: This is going nowhere goodbye.

So anyone email comes in and turns out guy pays us $12/mo rental and its a week overdue anyway so taking his language I turn around and say no we won't give you an extension and turned his hosting off for abusive language. to which he replies. "You've not heard the end of this. I will sue you etc etc"

Technical note for added humour for techies: Hes got his DNS split over two servers, one of them was dead and we had the other one. Now they are both dead so probably didn't ever get my reply. Ah the joys of life

Quoth rus View Post
    SC: This is a load of b***shit.
    How come you censored out the "bull" but not the "shit"?
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Maybe the bull was extra hunged...... <run away>
      I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

That guy was a grade A ass. I've dealt with some online games (or any web based businesses) that have offered live chat for stuff like tech support issues, but if your question involves billing, game features, or issues with the game rules, they always refer you to the customer service e-mail and they can and will cut you off if you persist. The guy knew he was in the wrong, yet thought he could strongarm his way into getting what he wants. Instead, he was served OWNAGE on a platter.
        A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Quoth rus View Post
          SC: Where is this policy online I want to read it?
          Me: Its not its just the way we do things
          SC: Well I didn't sign it so it doesn't apply. Please can you give me an extension
          What kind of nonsense reasoning is that? So, by his own logic, businesses now need to have written notification and freaking signed consent from their customers whenever they make a routine policy change?

I can see it now...

SC: How come your prices went up?

Owner: Well. Our costs went up and we had to raise prices to stay in business.

SC: I never signed anything saying you could raise prices. You have to sell to me for the old price!

Owner: Right! I sure do. And I won't forget to get your permission next time I think of raising prices again. By way, I'm thinking of closing the store at 9 instead of 10. Do I have you permission?

SC: NO!

Owner: No problem. 10 it shall stay! I beg your forgiveness for even asking!
          The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
            What kind of nonsense reasoning is that? So, by his own logic, businesses now need to have written notification and freaking signed consent from their customers whenever they make a routine policy change?

I can see it now...

SC: How come your prices went up?

Owner: Well. Our costs went up and we had to raise prices to stay in business.

SC: I never signed anything saying you could raise prices. You have to sell to me for the old price!

Owner: Right! I sure do. And I won't forget to get your permission next time I think of raising prices again.
            Wish that worked for gas.

--Dave

Comment

Quoth Dave0523 View Post
              Wish that worked for gas.

--Dave
              I seem to recall a thread where an SC argued exactly that, but I can't remember enough about it to find the link.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Let me get this right... he owes YOU money and is late getting it paid. So he decides it is now time to become sucky towards you and make idle threats???

Smooth...

Ya, and the 7 other people you supposedly refer to us are going to pay the same way you are...

Smoother...

And you are going to sue us because you've been cut off for non-payment of services and verbal abuse? (Good luck with that...)

Smoothest!
                *There is no greater gift than to be reborn with every heartbeat*
                *Grudges should only be held for as long as it takes to deliver a proper vengence!*

Comment

SC ownage is music to my ears!
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                  X