This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
    "Yeah, while you were chatting him up!" she replied with venom.
    Right then is when you flip a vapid smile and say you're a lesbian. It stops people in their tracks (so many people think I'm a girl, so I've used that one once or twice, just to get people to stop buggering me).
    Last edited by RetailWorkhorse; 08-02-2008, 12:10 AM. Reason: fixed quote
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Some women are just that way, and they don't NEED a reason (like being hormonal or pregnant or whatever.) My bf's ex-wife is a prime example. If he even said "hello" to a woman in a store, or at a restaurant or anywhere, he was having an affair with them. "Is that your new girlfriend?" she'd ask. A couple of his good female friends (one is a lesbian, who has been in a relationship more than 10 years, another is a grandmother 8 times over) and I have become friends as well, and have chatted together and THEY remember her accusing them of having affairs with him!! You can't get more insecure than that.
      The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

I'm happy to say I'm a sane and rational pregnant woman. I've never flipped out on an employee because of mood swings, being insecure or whatever.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
          I've used that one once or twice, just to get people to stop buggering me).
          They were buggering you? Right out in public and all? That's pretty forward of them, considering they're strangers and all....
          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
            They were buggering you? Right out in public and all? That's pretty forward of them, considering they're strangers and all....
            Yes, and believe me, it's not fun. I don't need another Papa and I certainly don't need someone getting into my pants when I'm trying to work or shop.

Mostly it's the Tourists lately, as the Resident Pervs are either unaware of my return to my Store or are after other Lifestock.
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I've told all my friends that if for some insane reason I begin to exhibit qualities of one of 'those women', to please shoot me and end both my misery and that of the unfortunate male I'm screetching at.

My mom used to refer to those types of insecure women as a 'fishwife'. Not sure where the term came from, but it still makes me giggle.

Seriously though, women like that are what perpetuates the unfortunate stereotype that most women are insecure nags that have to have their men glued to them 24/7.

Maybe there's something wrong with ME, but the few times a woman has mildly flirted with my now ex-husband or now ex-fiance in public, I was mainly just amused and laughed about it with them after the fact.
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Poor RetailWorkhorse....*hugs* Just get a tattoo back there that says "Exit Only"!

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                IMy mom used to refer to those types of insecure women as a 'fishwife'. Not sure where the term came from, but it still makes me giggle.
                This http://www.alphadictionary.com/goodword/word/fishwife is a "fishwife", but not really anything to do with a jealous, idiotic woman.
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth scroob View Post
                  lmao great quote. though i am a male, and i'd think the girls here may be offended by that. careful
                  I'm a girl and I think it's funny.

Quoth protege View Post
                  Needless to say, I soon dumped her all. That, and her stalkerish activities (following me around campus at night, constantly calling or dropping by, plus waiting out in the dorm parking lot all day in subzero weather) kinda freaked me out. Can't imagine why...
                  Really? I don't understand why either.....

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                  Maybe there's something wrong with ME, but the few times a woman has mildly flirted with my now ex-husband or now ex-fiance in public, I was mainly just amused and laughed about it with them after the fact.
                  Exactly. The real question is What is his reaction? If indeed another woman really is flirting with him, does he flirt back or does he just smile and go on with his day? Even better, he takes his girl's hand or puts his arm around her and let's the flirter know that he's taken.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

The term "fishwife" makes me lol a bit; I've always used it as a description of a woman shrieking, ie bitching about something a la an SC. XD

My collegue on the next till was in her late 50s; I have to wonder whether the woman's reaction would have been the same had they gone on that till. XD
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                    X