This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This should be interesting...

In the past few months we've lost three people and two more are set to leave in the next couple of weeks. That's five people gone, including two full time people. As of right now we have two new. I don't what their actual hours are going to be yet since the first schedule has just gone up and they haven't even worked a shift yet.

Fingers crossed that these people work out and maybe one more to fill out the ranks? I just feel that we're still going to be short-handed on more shifts than not.

Job search continues.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Trix, my one piece of advice is something told to me many years ago: apply for things you're not even sure you're qualified for. You might surprise yourself. At my current job I've been picked for a special project that involves learning how to do things I'd do at some of the jobs that are contacting me. I didn't apply at those due to lower pay or the fact that one is temporary, but I guess my point is that I'm more capable than I thought. If they read my resume--which is just a list of stuff I do every day--and want to interview me then that gives me confidence. Whether I had to go to another job and learn something new or stay here and learn something new, either way an opportunity has been created for me. I think it's the result of my putting it out there that I want something better and that request is being answered. I attribute that to God but of course people have their own ideas how that works. The point is: faith.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Food Lady, I know exactly what you mean. I know I'm capable of more than this job can give me. Of course knowing and acting on it are two different things. I'm going to be putting for a vacation pretty soon and I'll try to figure out some sort of plan then.
      I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Working...
      X