This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brain transplant

A person gets into a terrible car accident, and all of the family rush to the hospital to be near in this time of tragedy. A doctor comes out of the patient's room, and lays out the options for the family.

"Right now, your child is in a vegetative state-the heart, lungs liver and other viseral organs are fine, but I'm afraid that there is severe brain damage. You have three options. Would you like to hear them now?"

The family, wanted to know their options, ask the doctor to tell them the choices.

"Well, the first option is to take your child off of the ventilator, resulting in death. Your second option is a new treatment that has recently been approved for general use-a brain transplant."

The family are shocked and amazed at this medical miracle, and ask the doctor for more information.

"Now the best brains come from the family, but its very unethical for you to donate your brain. However, we have two cadavers in the morgue which are acceptable donors: a male and a female. The brain of the male is $25000, and the females brain is worth $1000."

At this, the men of the family start to look a little smug, and the females get a little hot under the collar. Finally, an aunt of the patient asks, "Why are the male brains so expensive?"

The doctor replied, "We take the male brain from the head he doesn't think with."
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Working...
X