This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making things clear for me

Customer: Things are coming in but they’re not going out on the computer.
    Me: OK.
    Customer: They’re going IN, you see, not OUT.
    Me: Yes sir.
    Customer: They’re not going out, you got that, right?
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Thank goodness he repeated himself like that. I know I was really lost until that 3rd time around. Talk about
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Bj...you are right on the money. So glad he decided to be clear. Cuz I'm an idiot, you know. ROFL

Comment

I'm guessing he was talking about emails or messaging ??
        "They have the internet on computers now?"
        ~Homer Simpson

Another day at work, another broken desk

Comment

so he's getting incoming but not outgoing then?

Comment

That guy should be lucky he's getting anything at all. My friend sent me an internet last friday through email, and it only got here today. It's cause those tubes are all clogged up.

(this post borrowed from technical dunce and senator Ted Stevens)
            Desk-On: Apply directly to the forehead.

Comment

Yeah, they think if they just say it often enough, eventually they will make sense. Here's one that about made me clock out at Kinko's and walk down to the microbrewerey down the street.

SC: I need you all to do some artwork for me. Can you all make an original graphic? (technically, no, Kinko's doesn't offer that, but we had several artists, myself included, working there that might have been willing it give it a go. We did that sometimes on a case-by-case basis.)

Me: Well, I don't know. Whacha got in mind?

SC: I need a picture of a mountain with Noah's ark in the mountain.

Me:You mean landed on it?

SC: No. In the mountain.

Me: Like, sticking out of a cave or something?

Me. Um. Like buried?

SC: No. In the mountain

Me: Having a hard time following you. Like maybe PART of the mountain?

Me: Sir, I really don't understand.

SC: You know! In the mountain! In the mountain! (he wasnt' getting mad, mind. He seemed fairly patient. But I could feel that steel door behind my eyes slamming shut like it does when I'm absolutely done trying to be helpful.)

Me: Um......Hm. Well, sir, I don't think we can do that. You can look through our clip art book. Or the phone book and see if you can find an artist in the phone book.

SC: You don't think you can do it?

Me: No. No I don't. We don't do graphics, sorry.

Comment

Quoth cpux
                That guy should be lucky he's getting anything at all. My friend sent me an internet last friday through email, and it only got here today. It's cause those tubes are all clogged up.

(this post borrowed from technical dunce and senator Ted Stevens)
                Well, you know, it's a simple problem. They're just using too big of a font. If you use a smaller font, there's less of it to go through...

(Thank you Professor Mirelli... what would my degree have been like with out all your "wonderful" jokes?)
                SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Quoth technical.angel
                  Well, you know, it's a simple problem. They're just using too big of a font. If you use a smaller font, there's less of it to go through...
                  I hadn't thought of that. Why didn't I think of that? They're not going out, they're going in...but not out!

Comment

Maybe the guy's computer was like a roach motel? You know, they check in but they don't check out.

Maybe you should have told him to unplug it before it filled up and exploded.

Comment

He should be careful - if they get stuck in his pc, they could die and thats where computer viruses come from.
                      "don't go to the neighbors,that's just what the fire expects you to do"-phillippbo
                      "Please do not look into laser with remaining eyeball."
                      Support bacteria.They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

Working...
                      X