Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tales From the Con Floor (Slightly NSFW)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
    Better watch out; some of my friends are going to a con next year (?) as the Kaiju from the "King of Tokyo" board/dice game. Another mutual friend wants to set up a live-action KoT...
    This sounds like SO much fun! You need to get this set up to run at Origins and GenCon!
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

It's not me, just some people I know. And AFAIK, they don't make it out to the midwest. Just cons here in the SF Bay Area.

I think one of them ran a Live Action version of Kill Doctor Lucky (a Cheap-Ass (TM) board game) a couple of years back, which sounded like great fun! And this year, at least, Artemis (computer-based live multi-station Star Fleet simulation) is the big thing.

I'm a board-gamer, but not a con-goer. Which puts me in a significantly small minority in my main gaming group.
      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Better watch out; some of my friends are going to a con next year (?) as the Kaiju from the "King of Tokyo" board/dice game. Another mutual friend wants to set up a live-action KoT...
        Are your friends fans of Kaiju Big Battel? 'Cuz it sounds like they'd love it.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I can't wait to see the cosplays at the upcoming local con at the end of August! I'm the volunteer wrangler for this one and it's only the second year for this particular convention I'm not sure if I'll be doing any cosplay myself at this because I know I'm going to be run off my feet again...not that I mind at all! I've got a friend who does body painting so maybe I'll get her to do something awesome on my face ^_^

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
            I can't wait to see the cosplays at the upcoming local con at the end of August! I'm the volunteer wrangler for this one and it's only the second year for this particular convention I'm not sure if I'll be doing any cosplay myself at this because I know I'm going to be run off my feet again...not that I mind at all! I've got a friend who does body painting so maybe I'll get her to do something awesome on my face ^_^
            Me, my roommate and her boyfriend are doing a Spaceballs theme. Since I'm almost the size of John Candy that makes me Barf.

I'm working on the giant hair dryer right now. I've only got 2 1/2 months!

Comment

I like anime and I would like to go to a convention but I'm always afraid there'll be weirdos like this fellow. ....Weirdos tend to beeline for me. If some teen guy exposed his dingaling at me I would probably scream and knee him in the nads as a knee jerk reaction. O.o
              Can't reason with the unreasonable.
              The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

That is why there is security at cons - if something like this happens you look for either a volunteer or security and the creepo will be dealt with. I wouldn't mind your knee jerk reaction as it's much easier to deal with a creep rolling around on the floor clutching his 'nads than it is to have to run after them through a crowd...but we don't generally condone violence. Natural reactions are fully understandable

Comment

If you can keep your head together enough, try insulting the size of his ding-a-ling. I have thought of role-playing this with my husband, saying something like " oh that's a shame, didn't they have them in adult sizes?" Or maybe "you should have a doctor look at that."
                  "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                    If you can keep your head together enough, try insulting the size of his ding-a-ling. I have thought of role-playing this with my husband, saying something like " oh that's a shame, didn't they have them in adult sizes?" Or maybe "you should have a doctor look at that."
                    Mocking laughter can be pretty emasculating if done properly.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Many years ago, one of the (female) coaches from my HS' girls track team evidently told her team that if anyone flashes them, "point and laugh".
                      “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                      One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                      The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Many years ago, one of the (female) coaches from my HS' girls track team evidently told her team that if anyone flashes them, "point and laugh".
                        I have actually done this. Got a very satisfying reaction
                        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

'Oh that reminds me...I must buy some baby chipolatas' ..... :P
                          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

And then we have a problem this flasher helped solve.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Giggle snort! Love it!

Comment

When a flasher streaked the Oscars way back in the 70s, host David Niven made a dry remark about people who aren't afraid to show their shortcomings to the world.
                                https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Working...
                                X