This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have taught them too well...

Years ago..when the mighty T-Rex walked the earth..ok maybe not that far back..but it has been awhile..I used to wrestle with my nieces and nephews. Now they are a bit older, as am I. Apparently not to old to get a little revenge on uncle Mytical. What is more, they are now employing tactics.

A little background..one of my 2nd cousins is staying with me because of something that happened (the post of that is on fratching)..and my nieces and nephews stopped by last night to talk to her. /background

Right before we decided to get some sleep, they suddenly got quiet. Should have been my first clue. When I walked into the room to see what mischief they were up to, I got got. They had put a bunch of pillows and covers down, and one of them hid behind the door. As I walked in, that one grabbed me, and then the others rushed from various hiding places and joined in. Now somebody else might tell you how they overcome the odds, and showed them that Uncle Mytical was still top dog..but didn't happen. They pounded me with pillows unmercifully, I was forced to surrender.

In my defense there were 4 of them...and I am an old man... Was up most of the night with cramps and such..but when R (the second cousin) put her arms around me and said "Thank you uncle mytical." It was all worth it.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Clever girl. (and boys)
    Getting quiet is always the first clue.
    awww... :3 As long as you're man enough to admit defeat.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Doesn't sound to me like you actually lost.
      Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
      Save the Ales!
      Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
        Doesn't sound to me like you actually lost.

Preach it.

Comment

Yeah it sounds like you actually won that round.

Comment

No doubt in my mind. It's a lot of getting use to having a teen girl in the house. Already been a couple of "OH MY GOD" moments..as none of us are use to the situation yet. (Her opening the bathroom door on me, etc). So there is a bit of awkwardness, but we are adapting. Despite her insistence that it is only for a few days, I've let her know that she is welcome as long as she wants.

May be way out of my league and over my head on this though. Guess it is good training for if I ever become a father, but the oldest I ever watched a kid (my niece two nephews) was 8. Not yet into the teen rebellion stage. Don't think it is going to be too bad, though if it goes to long I expect to hear a lot of "You are not my father."

It's weird though..there are a lot of people out there, who are not my nieces and nephews who call me 'Uncle Mytical' including my cousin v's two girls. So I am hoping that if this is more a permanent thing, that helps a lot. I might need a ton of advice if so though.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

R is going to go stay with her aunt. Only two people there, and they have lots of room.

Comment

Overall it didn't sound too traumatizing... kinda fun, really.
                and that ought to teach her about opening doors. I learned that lesson young (like 5), and best to get it now than in college.
                EDIT: 'out of your league and over your head' is how parents feel, from my understanding of the situation... so don't freak out too much over it, even though it seems a bit past.
                "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
                X