Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just glad you are ok. Material possessions can be replaced if damaged by water.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

When the waters recede, remember to wear good boots and tough pants, gloves and shirts to clean up. Also, mould-protective masks.

That's not just water. That's mud, and washed-in everything. If you have crop farms upstream, there'll be fertilizers and herbicides. Industrial plants, washed-in industrial wastes. Livestock farms, manure. Wilderness, you will probably have frantic washed-in animals. They found frightened snakes of all sorts nesting in the oddest places with the cleanup after the latest Australian floods; and sent around a serious warning to LOOK before putting hands anywhere.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

How are the other PA members doing today? I'm in Harrisburg, and although parts of the city got hit hard--specifically North Front St along the Susquehanna, my part of Harrisburg was ok. Amazingly, my house didn't flood. My yard didn't even flood, although it was very squishy for a while
        Dance is the breath-of-life made visible-Charles De Lint

Comment

My co-workers, and some family got back to their houses today. Most i talked to said basement flooding or they are mourning the loss of their front yard.

Comment

Aaaaand it's absolutely pissing down again. Great.
            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth Brandy View Post
              How are the other PA members doing today?
              Columbia County Resident here. Was trapped in town for a day or two due to flooding, road closure. Hopefully water will be back on by end of today.

SC
              "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Where I am, the river divides civilization from the middle of nowhere, so needless to say, everyone on my side of the river (out in them thar hills) had serious cabin fever and was out walking around checking out the damage. Thankfully the water has gone mostly down; the neighboring town is closed due to damage and water still being drained, but man everyone was out partying last night like they survived the apocalypse - every single bar and restaurant downtown that was open had a full parking lot.

Was basically stuck in my house for four days because the damn bridges were closed, thus preventing access to groceries, bottled water and fuel. Thankfully there was enough food buried in the house to eat and my kitties all had enough food.

Comment

Working...
                X