X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers/Good Thoughts Request

Hey everyone,
    Just a quick prayers/good thoughts request, I can't promise updates although I will ask Dad for them (I don't talk to my mother but she still sends me drama-filled, guilt-tripping emails.)

Anyway, my parents are friends with this lovely couple from their church who foster FIVE kids with varying degrees of ASD. They've just bought a gorgeous acreage property with veggie gardens, a small orchard and it's perfect for the kids. They're in the process of moving and foster-father fell through a roof at work - 7m drop onto concrete. Luckily, his spine and skull are intact, but he has a smashed leg and may lose one of his hands. Any prayers and good thoughts are greatly appreciated, he kinda needs full mobility of his leg and his hand so that he can work both in full employment and helping out at home. Thanks!
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Prayers being sent!
    Has he woken up yet/at all? That's usually one of the best signs.
    for the family.
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Yikes, sending my best...that sounds painful.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Thanks to everyone that has been praying and sending good thoughts!

This morning's update is that he's doing well and is concious, but will be off work for quite some time and the doctors still aren't sure if he's going to keep his hand or have full function if he does. His wife and their foster kids are pretty stressed, but the kids should be able to visit him on Friday so that may help them a bit.

Comment

Good! He ought to live... That's THE big thing.
          "If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire, then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience. ~Robert Fulghum"-- from a sig on here, somewhere, I'm sure... borderline neck-breaking, oui?, but ... he's awake and, like you said, head and spine are good.
          heh. Make sure he gets chiro anyway... I've fallen from a height before, and it stove up my back something fierce. A nice massage after he gets sorted, maybe, too? If I went to that church, I'd donate to that cause.
          (I seriously need a credit card and a paypal accnt.)
          Last edited by teh_blumchenkinder; 08-30-2011, 11:05 PM. Reason: your/that... :o
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

What's one more person to wish well?

Comment

Prayers sent. Hugs too.
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----
              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Update

I held off on an update until I had a chance to talk to my dad, because my mother sent an email saying that the bloke went home after only 3 days in hospital, he's keeping his hand and that the doctors are expecting him to make a full recovery. Clearly, that sounds more than a bit suspicious. I believe in miraculous healing, but I also know that my mother is prone to lying and exaggeration.

I talked to Dad this morning, and yes, the guy has gone home and is keeping his hand. They don't know if he will or won't regain full-function in it, his smashed leg was easier to set than expected and he did go home much sooner than expected. His back may have problems that they can't see yet, but the doctors are optimistic.

A huge thank you to everyone that prayed for him and his family!

Comment

Yay! I wish him a speed recovery! :3

Comment

Working...
                  X