This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirate Party

I work in a library and was in charge of our pirate themed summer reading program. It ended on August 31st and there will be a party tomorrow to celebrate. It will be three hours long and I will be the only adult in charge. So far, seventeen kids are supposidly coming. They range in age from 4 to 12 and most will be 6 years old.
    When kids arrive, there will be pirate themed coloring sheets to color on. After a few more kids arrive, there will be a game of pin the treasure chest on the map/eyepatch on the pirate. The kid that gets closest per game gets a toy pirate or pirate ship that expands once put in water. Then kids will decorate their own pirate flag.
    At four we will watch a G rated movie about pirates with puppets in it. There will be popcorn, sour gummy shark candy, gummy life savers candy, brownies, fruit flavored marshmallows, juice, and water. After the movie ends, they will go on a treasure hunt around the library. Then it will be time for the library to close (6PM). On their way out, the kids will get a goodie bag full of candy.
    Including the treasure from the hunt, they'll get skull rings, skulls & bones hard candy, pirate silly bands, play gold coins, ring pop, candy bracelet, candy ring/lipstick, assorted fruit gummies, tropical chewy lemonhead fruit candy, and tootsie roll pops. Plus the kids that are there that participated in the summer reading program get a free book and one kid takes home a pirate themed gift basket.
    Last edited by AriGriffin; 09-02-2011, 12:48 AM.

*checks age on drivers license and whimpers* I wanna go!!
    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Aww man that sounds awesome! I did a horse themed one as a kid, I won a Breyer horse that had a book
      Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
      http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth Squeaksmyalias View Post
        *checks age on drivers license and whimpers* I wanna go!!
        Crayon out the first digit and walk small.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

That sounds like fun.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            Crayon out the first digit and walk small.
            I am short...but I get mistaken as between 12-16 (I'm 26) So I don't think it would help....*sniffle*
            I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

There were ten kids. They seemed to have fun watching the movie, searching for the treasure, and making their pirate flag. The parents said I should do it again next year.
              I'm tired. They got popcorn, sequins, and glitter everywhere and it took a while to clean it all up. I still have to take down decorations on Tuesday morning.

Comment

I'll be taking my son to the Portland Pirate Festival this weekend. Pirates of all ages can have fun there!

I just wish they'd had it later in the month like they usually do; the Weather Channel is predicting a temperature of 90 F!
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                X