Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make yourself a sugar scrub of sugar and olive oil and give yourself a pedicure! Then paint your toe nails a pretty color! That always cheers me up. And the sugar scrub can be used on all your body its an excellent exfoliant and the oil will moisturize as well.

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
      Make yourself a sugar scrub of sugar and olive oil and give yourself a pedicure! Then paint your toe nails a pretty color! That always cheers me up. And the sugar scrub can be used on all your body its an excellent exfoliant and the oil will moisturize as well.
      Is that equal parts sugar and olive oil? I'm gonna try that myself cuz that sounds awesome!

Kara, it's perfectly ok to cry. In fact, sometimes you need to. You'll be better able to fight the good fight if you don't feel on the verge of breaking down the whole time.
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Also, how is it that your lawyers did not tell you about this? Seriously, I am really questioning the competence of your legal representation.
        I have found out from some coworkers that in Kansas, they are not required to give you any notice whatsoever if they're going to garnish your wages.

Thanks again, everyone. I'm just extremely fragile right now. Been just sitting around the house and resting. The sleeping pills are helping. At least I think they are. I sleep through the night rather than waking up every 20 minutes or so.

Had a mini breakdown or two yesterday, I'm just letting it out as it comes. Today I've been very tired and weepy. Not much energy so I'm just sitting here online. My mother wanted me to tag along tomorrow for our family reunion. I would LOVE to see my cousins again, it's been several years, but I was afraid someone might say the wrong thing about how f'd up my situation is or something and I'd start crying. Or seeing my cousins with their children, since many of them are about the ages of my kids. But now that dad's in the hospital, even though he's going to be fine, mom's probably not going.

I do have to give her credit for trying. This is the same woman who gave me so much grief a couple of months ago about what the family will think. I think she's making an effort, and that counts for something.

Just wanted to update everyone and thank you for the kind words via boards, pm'ss, text messages, and phone calls. I know I'll be okay, I feel foolish for letting my stress build up so much that it caused me to crash. So I'm just going to do exactly what my doctor ordered and take it easy for a week (and try not to think about how many years have been taken from my lifespan over the course of the past 12 months).

I'll be around if anyone needs me or whatever. If you don't know where to look, just ask me

And thanks again, from the bottom of my heart. You are all amazing.
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Just remember if you ever need somebody to talk to, vent to, or whatever .. you know how to get ahold of me.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Are you doing any workouts? Cause it sounds like you sleep with mental exhaustion but not physical exhaustion.

When I was in the suicidal mood back when I was younger, it was mostly when swimming wasn't going as heavily as normal. So I would go and take a fast 2mile walk or do something else where it would make me at least a little tired. When I would nap from that... I would wake with both mental and physical stresses lessoned.

Just a idea...

Comment

Quoth Kara View Post
              I have found out from some coworkers that in Kansas, they are not required to give you any notice whatsoever if they're going to garnish your wages.
              Yet another in a long list of reasons why I won't be moving to Kansas any time soon. Or, well, ever.

Seriously, though, Aethian touched on something that I've mentioned many times before. Sometimes the best therapy is physical therapy, i.e., exercise. And there are many things you can do to express and vent your anger and frustration though physical exertion. Myself, I have made use of batting cages, bicycles, and punching bags, among other things, to do just that. Frankly, I think you should do something of the sort. It is amazing how easy it is to vent angry energy into whatever activity you choose.

Just a thought. If you have any questions about it, as always, you can PM me.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Yeah, I've been bad. I've neglected my Qi Gong for a very long time. I'd say now's a good time to start practicing again.
                "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Agreed, physical stuff can help a lot. -nodnod- It did last night for me, I know, helping me go to sleep.

Always here for you if you need to talk. <3
                  "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                  "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                  Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth jedimaster91 View Post
                    Is that equal parts sugar and olive oil? I'm gonna try that myself cuz that sounds awesome!
                    Its been a while since I made it. I think its half as much oil. You want it moist, but not runny. A paste.

Hang in there Kara. You have a whole community of people who care about you. That counts for something right?

Comment

I feel for you Kara. I'm just amazed you didn't even get a chance for a phone trial or SOMETHING. I would still talk to a lawyer about that end of it.
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
                        Its been a while since I made it. I think its half as much oil. You want it moist, but not runny. A paste.

Hang in there Kara. You have a whole community of people who care about you. That counts for something right?
                        I have a friend who uses coconut fat, it is more or less solidish at room temp, so it isn't oozy when you get it mixed up. And she smells like a tropical drink when she is done
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth Kara View Post
                          I feel foolish for letting my stress build up so much that it caused me to crash. So I'm just going to do exactly what my doctor ordered and take it easy for a week (and try not to think about how many years have been taken from my lifespan over the course of the past 12 months).
                          You aren't foolish. I can't see what else you could have done. This was unexpected, it hit you when you where close to breaking already.
                          If any years have been taken from your lifespan, which is doubtful, the rest of your years will be better than they would have been otherwise. Guaranteed .

Comment

Kara, depending on what part of Kansas you are in (I'm in Junction City, by Manhattan) if you ever need to vent, come on over!

Or we can meet up for lunch (I'll pay). I understand what you are going through, I've been going through it myself.
                            Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

You are one of the strongest people I know online. Don't let this get you down. You will overcome this.

Comment

Kara, ever had a decent cigar? I don't mean anything you can get at a gas station that doesn't need a humidor.

I don't know how close you are to Overland Park, but there's a place called The Outlaw there that specializes in cigars.

Why do I bring this up?

Well, taking time to enjoy a cigar means taking at least an hour for yourself. Read, watch a movie or tv, listen to music, whatever. Enjoy fine spirits with a fine cigar. Don't be afraid to ask questions while there. Each person has their own experiences and tastes.

If you were closer to my area, I would just hand you one and set you up and let you relax in either our velvet lounge or leather lounge. We even have a PT masseuse and a massage chair to help ease stress/tension.
                                "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

Working...
                                X