This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we get a refund for this?

Rent in our building was raised for everyone in August, supposedly to cover the installation of a new furnace/boiler (the old boiler was apparently using too much oil).

Now the heat is on full-blast and will not shut off; this has been going on since heating season started. During a chilly stretch last week, we had all the windows open and it was still 80 degrees in the apartment (we can't control the heat from inside)...if it's that hot when it's only 60 outside what's it going to be like in winter? The guy living below us still has his air conditioner in, and most of the other tenants in our building have complained to maintenance. Who had to call the manufacturer; apparently at last report they weren't even sure what was going on.

I think they had to shut the heat off manually; the furnace is still running but it smells really bad down there (a cross between burning oil and smoldering rubber) when it does kick on.

And I'm betting the rent's going up again next year because of 'excessive heating oil use'...
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor
Working...
X