Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duck Season! (Cooking Advice, Please...)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A possibility on the heavy cream is if you like having berry dishes is to drain out the whey (a strainer with cheesecloth over a container in the fridge for several hours) will make a passable substitute for clotted cream.

And there's also an ice cream option. The extra fat in it makes for a better mix.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Hmm. Sounds to me like you have the makings to try something I bet would intrigue you---duck chili. I know they make turkey or chicken chili, so why not duck? You could use the cheese, shredded, to top it like you would regular cheddar on chili. I know you don't have a chili cookoff coming up, but who knows, you may enjoy it.

Comment

Barracuda, that is not a bad idea, and something I may try in the future.

But I have had this recipe forming in my head for about six weeks now, and I'll be DAMNED if I'm not going to make it. If not this weekend, sometime soon.

I have put the ducks and the bacon back in the freezer for now, but will make the salsa verde, as I can always freeze it, and I'll make the creme fraiche, just so I know how to do it for next time. And I think I should probably put the cheese in the freezer for the time being, not only to keep it good longer, but because it will be easier to grate out of the freezer.

How long can you freeze cheese, by the way? I have no idea....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

You can freeze it a long time, but it will tend to dry out and lose flavor in the process. My parents used to freeze cheese, and it works, but it's not the same afterwards.

Comment

You could throw a dinner party.
            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

In that case, may I suggest a dinner party? Try your recipe idea, invite a few friends over, play games or watch a movie, or just hang out and have fun. Gives you a chance to entertain some friends, have some fun, and get feedback on your food idea. Win-win.

Comment

Working...
              X