X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raise your hand if you're NOT looking forward to the Holidays

Kill me now, please?
    Here Mr Customer, let me pull that out of my arse for you!

*raises hand*

I get to work opening shifts for Black Friday and the Saturday following.

I normally work nights.

I return to my regular schedule that Sunday.

*whimpers*
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Had Toys R Us call and see if we would deliver pizzas at 4 AM on black friday... GM will have to make the call though.

Comment

Well......I'm definitely NOT looking forward to working the Saturday after Thanksgiving, as the library will have been closed for two days, which makes for an extra-large morning bookdrop.

Comment

We're having a Turkey Day Banquet which makes me glad I'm not working the restaurant side of things. Front desk will be same old, same old however. It'll be busier with Canadians coming down to eat the food and stay the night before heading out in the wee hours of the morning for their shopping trips, but it won't be any busier than any other special event we've hosted.
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

*raises hand*
            i'm not lookin forward to play "Dodge the console" again...

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
              *raises hand*

I get to work opening shifts for Black Friday and the Saturday following.
              I'm doing the same. Could be worse; could be closing Friday and opening Saturday.

We're talking about doing a potluck, but I haven't heard any more about it. I'll bake some cookies Thanksgiving evening and bring them in on BF. Goodies are excellent at keeping morale up.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

If its only getting started, then i'm in trouble. I deliver bulk mail, and twice last week i had to make two trips to handle everything. LastTuesday i had a whopping 81 pieces to move for 20 stations, and yesterday i ran out of room for returns, today i had to split the route. All that, and its early in the season, oh joy.
                Seph
                Taur10
                "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

I open Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and oh hell that whole weekend. It's not AS crazy at the C-store as it is out in the big retail world, but still. My manager and second assistant both have the entire thing off. I'm dreading it. Christmas, I'm told, I MIGHT have off. Hallelujah!
                  "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                    .... Christmas, I'm told, I MIGHT have off. Hallelujah! Howtafoolya!
                    Fixed that for reality.
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I have done most of my shopping online and with the aid of crowdsourcing sites. I never go to the store for BF...that's just insane.

I do, however, get a high of sorts from wrapping things.

One year I had to sit down quietly because I was a bit faint....
                      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Only thing I look forward to is this is my niece's first holiday season. Other than that, work can suck my butt. I don't work horrid shifts. I just don't want to hear the "oh you have to work the holidays?" and its not even a sympathetic tone either.

Comment

*raises hand* This is one time of the year when I'm glad not to be in the work force. It's bad enough that I'll have to deal with the public while I do my own shopping. Hey, at least I'm in a position to light into stupid sucky people attacking a defenseless store employee.
                          You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Me! No money, probably on disability by then, both housemate and husband are spending the entire month away and I may spend it alone.

Plus side is that I have to do very little shopping.
                            I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

This is why I refuse to shop Black Friday. In fact, I have all my shopping done already! Pat myself on the back.
                              I wish I could do things for retail workers. Is there anything? Can or WOULD employees eat goodies that a customer drops off? I feel bad that they have to work that day, especially with so many crazy people and would like to do something nice for them. But one person said that employees cannot eat anything homemade. I don't have the money to get store things so I'd like to make something but don't want to waste my time and money if they can't have it.

Comment

Working...
                              X