This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I be concerned?

I just had a listing on eBay complete with a Buy it Now. The winner is a brand new member since the 12th and has 0 feedback. I want to make sure I protect myself during this transaction. Are there any other things I should look out for?
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Well no one's going to get 1000 reviews without starting somewhere.
    I would advise messaging the buyer though, it might give you a better sense if they're legitimate unless there's a meet in person option.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Document everything you do. Record serial numbers (if the item has them.) Take photos of the item from all sides and of how you pack it for shipping and be sure to get the tracking number and enter it in the eBay system. And the big one, Don't pull the money from PayPal until the return time is up. Ebay will side with the buyer almost every time in a dispute. Photos and emails give you a chance to be one of the few they side with should things go bad.

Comment

Thanks. It's a regular model 3DS, so it has a serial number on it. (Upgraded to a New 3DS XL and I love it!) I have a picture of it, and it was registered with Club Nintendo when I first got it. I'd say it's packed in well. I still have the original box and cardboard insert the system came with. I have a shipping box that's the perfect size! The 3DS box doesn't shift. The only contents shifting is the booklet. Everything else stays in place.

Tomorrow I plan on stopping by my brother's store to weigh, and get a few pictures of the package on the scale.

I'm still interested in tips to CMA.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I'm sure you've heard the obvious ones, but just in case:

- Check your PayPal account to be sure the money has shown up. There have been scams where a scammerbuyer forged an e-mail from PayPal saying that the money had been sent and would show up in the victim'sseller's account once the merchandise had been shipped. If the money has been sent, it WILL have shown up in your account.

- Only ship to the address buyer has registered with PayPal. If you ship to ANY other address, you forfeit PayPal's "seller protection".

- Be sure to use a shipping method that complies with the requirements for "seller protection".

- Take pictures that show the game is working. If possible, take a short movie of the game in front of a mirror, so you can get both the serial number and some action (e.g. a game's "attract" screen), along with a date stamp (front page of a newspaper) to show that the game was in working condition at the time of purchase.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Update: The winner never sent me the money or even a message on ebay. So I suspect the buyer was just a troll. I relisted the item and added the buyer to my blacklist.

Comment

Buy it Now with immediate payment required, if that is still an option.

That way the listing stays active until somebody actually pays for your 3DS.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I didn't think that was an option. Good to know.

Comment

Working...
                X