This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evidence that SC's are NEVER happy

So I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, so please move it as you see fit

But one of my local news groups did a segment on this kid who loves his job, so watch the video, then hop on the comment board to see some of the nasty things people said about this poor guy who enjoys his job. Of course, the majority of people had nice things to say, but still...

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=3150740
    "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Got a few of those where I live, there's a few who go above and beyond what they're required to do. I respect them for it, and it pisses me off when people criticize them for doing this type of job.

My sister did so, till I brought up her Dancing with the Stars and American Idol habits. It's okay on TV I guess, but not IRL.
    I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
    In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

My only beef is how can you read the sign?
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

what's sad... the KSL message boards are tame... you should see some of the stuff that makes in on the SL Tribs message boards... oh and if I had the time I would so route myself through that intersection on my way to Logan today... but I kinda doubt he'll be there anyway
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I guess the true SCs are just very unhappy in life so instead of trying to make the best of it (like the kid in the article is) they go out and try to make everyone else as miserable as they are just so they don't seem as bad.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I like the guy who posted this one:

Sign = $25.00
            iPod = $200.00

Freedom to stand on the side of the road and twirl that sign like you're fighting off a swarm of locuts...
            = PRICELESS !!!
            Why are so many people putting this kid down anyways? What's wrong with trying to find satisfaction in your job?
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Some people are just so dissatisfied with their own lives that they've got to try to rain on everyone else's parade.

It's all rather pathetic.

Although, there's a sign "spinner" for Little Caesar's not far from here who is the total antithesis of what you want in a sign spinner. The guy doesn't do anything and usually looks like he's either in pain or constipated. It's really a turn off, especially for a food place.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                My only beef is how can you read the sign?
                You can't see it in the video, but he is standing directly in front of his store. Most of the time you see a sign spinner, if you can't read the sign, you can usually pick out what store it's for. Especially around here it seems cell phone stores and little caesar's pizza are the only places that use spinners.
                "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Man, that kid is great! His endurance is amazing...hell, I ran cross country for four years straight (prior to beginning work at fast food <.<) and I doubt even then I would have been able to pull that off! And it's probably the recluse in me talking, but being able to dance like that in public...equally impressive!

Definite SC's on the comment board...if I didn't frequent this site I would have to wonder what kind of person would MAKE such comments...then I review today's SCs.
                  Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
                  --Unknown

Comment

Actually, I read in one of the local papers here that there is a company that hire out sign spinners. It's a big business here! Those people who are complaining about the one kid, would probably have an apoplectic crisis out here.

Comment

I'm so sad... I drove past that intersection yesterday and the store was closed and he wasn't out spinning...
                      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I've never heard of "sign spinning."

There are some businesses that will hire people to stand outside with signs for the day, but they literally just STAND there...it takes you a minute to realize that there's a person holding the signs up- they are hidden behind them.

They aren't in front of the business at all, or doing anything other than acting as a sign post.

I think the kid had some good moves. Good for him for enjoying his job. It looks like fun!
                        I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
                        X