This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can see!

I worked a 5-9 shift recently and of course it was on a night when the weather promised to be ... unhappy.

So at the end of my shift I come out and there's a light coating of ice on my windshield ... just heavy enough that the wipers alone will most definitely not take it off (not even with repeated applications of windshield wiper fluid ...)

Yes, I do have one of those ice scraper-brush thingies in my car, but had no idea where it was and didn't feel like searching in the near-darkness for it.

So I turned on the engine, turned the heat on high, directed it solely towards the windshield and prepared to wait it out.

There was a car parked in front of me; both vehicles were facing each other. The driver of the other car came out of the store and got into the car and I thought, "Mister, I hope you're not planning to pull through this parking space when I back out, because I'm gonna be here a while."

Next thing I know, the driver steps out of his car again ... and walks towards mine, with a scraper-brush in his hand.

He scraped my windshield free -- I thanked him profusely -- and laughed and said, "You don't want to sit here and wait; you'll be here forever." I told him I was planning on contemplating the necessity of cleaning out my car ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero
Working...
X