This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANOTHER computer question

As some of you know, I'm looking to get a new PC. For the time being, though, this one will have to do.

Lo these many years ago, when my computer was new, a guy I worked with at the time urged me to bring it in so he could install my programs. I did. He did a great job.

Except.

For reasons I will never know (having long since lost contact with him), he put himself as administrator of this computer. There are certain things that I, not being the administrator, cannot do.

How do I circumvent this? There are some things I need to do (such as install a particular program), and I need administrator's rights to do them.

Welll.

I'm hoping he was just trying to isolate the user from much of the computer for security purposes, and not being a control freak. Try logging in as administrator using an easy-to-guess password, perhaps the same password as your regular account.

Comment

I believe I remember you were running Windows 7, if so you can try this... https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...windows-vista/ Look down at the bottom for how to disable the Admin account. That should allow you to start using the "run as administrator" option
      Last edited by Arcus; 06-30-2019, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Which version of windows are we running here. Ran into this at my wife's former employer and found a tool. Got them back up and running in 10 minutes after running the tool.

Comment

It's Windows 7, 32-bit.

Comment

Is a login password set on the computer?A lot of people like to do this,but it doesn't matter,the password can be bypassed with password cracking tool,and then you can go into the computer and set administrator privileges.
            Last edited by James A. Bruckner; 12-31-2019, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X