Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they don't specify a particular vodka, they get the "well" vodka. Not a drinker, but my understanding is that flavoured vodka has SUBTLE flavours, so that you wouldn't notice them in a drink with a strongly-flavoured mixer (like Coke).
    Not that subtle. although not all flavored vodkas are alike. we have some here that are rather strongly flavored and some that are a little more delicate. the hot cinnamon one would definitely cut through the coke flavor.

steak sauce:
    The only sauce my steak needs is its own juices! but that just means more steak sauce for the rest of you!

Comment

I have but one small complaint about the OP. I have to ask, forgive me...why were you so nice to the idiots?
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        my old boss was in a liquor store in Another State a while back, and came across a bottle of Cask priced as a bottle of XO. Certain that they had made a mistake, and that they would catch it, he brought the bottle of Cask up to the register. Shockingly, and without even seeming to know what they were doing, they rang him up for a bottle of XO...about $40. Smartly, he kept his mouth shut, paid them, and left quickly, before his shit-eating grin gave him away.

I consider myself honest, but I have to admit, I would have done the same.
        I must admit, I would too. A bottle of expensive premium liquor with a middle-of-the-road price? I rarely drink, but heck yes, I'd buy that!

Heck, I did that once with a Doctor Who DVD which should've been priced $29.99, but was priced $5.99. I even asked the clerk if he was sure that was the correct price. He said that's what the computer said it was, and let me have it at that price!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
          Is there not a nearby city that you occasionally make forays to, in which you could do some booze shopping?

As for Cask, that price is about standard, which is what makes me wonder why XO is so damn expensive there.

Semi-related story: my old boss was in a liquor store in Another State a while back, and came across a bottle of Cask priced as a bottle of XO. Certain that they had made a mistake, and that they would catch it, he brought the bottle of Cask up to the register. Shockingly, and without even seeming to know what they were doing, they rang him up for a bottle of XO...about $40. Smartly, he kept his mouth shut, paid them, and left quickly, before his shit-eating grin gave him away.

I consider myself honest, but I have to admit, I would have done the same.

Wait, no I wouldn't...I would have bought THREE bottles!
          I would have bought a couple myself!

And the next nearest town is 18 miles in one direction, and about the same in the other direction [Willimantic, Norwich] and they have podunk little boozerias. The Sub base in Groton is about 30 miles and then we step up to Hartford at 50ish miles, depending on where in Hartford one wants to go.

Best place to buy booze is actually 2 states away in New Hampshire. The high ticket booze tends to be reasonable, it is the poseur booze [the stuff in the 40-100 range, you know, hipster fodder] that gets expensive.

Quoth Tama View Post
          You asked for a shit-eating grin?

(Jack is the King of them. Any of his work... )
          Damn Jack was a looker when he was young ...
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
          X