This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So you can tell the future, huh?

The older woman I dealt with today was not the problem. She had a valid gripe and was agitated, but not rude. It was her daughter's smug, matter-of-fact, all-knowing attitude that offended me. My coworker at the cafe offered to ring up the older lady for a single item so she wouldn't have to go stand in another line. It was a nice gesture, but coworker had a brain burp and didn't print a receipt right away, and once you take another customer, you can't reprint a receipt. You can't reprint receipts anywhere in the store unless the supervisor quickly hits a button and enters security numbers within like 5 seconds of the origional transaction.

That said, they came to the service desk for help. The shoes would possibly need to be returned in the future, and now the cash could not be gotten back without a receipt. I sympathized, but told them there was no way I could make that work, even though I wanted to get their cash back. I could not get a receipt. Well, I offered to get the MOD for them, which I promptly did, as hey, who knows--maybe he knew something I didn't. Well, the older lady kept clucking on and on about it, which was fine; I knew she was just worried about it and needed to wring her hands.

But the daughter kept nonchalantly chomping her popcorn, confidently saying things like "Oh, the manager will get your cash back" and "This isn't your [mom's] fault". Her tone was one of surety she'd get her way. I didn't like that because I never guaranteed the manager could resolve it the way they wanted. I said we'd see if he could get a receipt. I guess you had to be there, or know this customer. I've run into her before and I don't like her attitude. She always acts like she can speak into being her desires. I was so thrilled it was her mom having a problem.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Wow someone who thinks she's Princess Ida.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
      Wow someone who thinks she's Princess Ida.
      A Xanth reference just made my morning!
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Uhm, couldn't you have done a little immediate refund and re-ring then and there, just to make sure she had a receipt for a *real* refund later, if she needed one? Since she hadn't left the store with the item, it'd have been an easy thing for the manager to approve it for this purpose. It'd take time, but it'd get the pompous little twit out of the store and kept her from being a bigger twit later on over a no-receipt refund.
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

You can't do a refund without a receipt. It will let you give a store credit for the last known clearance price. There's a lot of stuff managers can't override. Fortunately, since it was bought at the cafe, the FES was able to refund her. That was a fluke; I didn't know that could be done. At any rate, if she had bought it at any regular register, she could not have gotten her money back, unless we just handed it to her and shorted the drawer.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            You can't do a refund without a receipt.
            I think what the other person meant was since she should have a receipt the manager pretends she does, does the return with her "virtual" receipt and re-ring so she has a real receipt this time.

Unless your register has some sort of scanner that needs to read the original receipt I don't think there is any way it could tell that the customer did not have an actual physical receipt.
            You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Working...
            X